Pontiac G8 Forum banner

G8 on early as wheels

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Jeff_Owasso 
#1 ·
Got a deal on some SS 19's, I really like em what u think

Attachments

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
If you have the stock 245-40-19 front 275-35-19 SS sizes, the 255-40 going on the front will make it even worse!

When I did my car, I went with 245-40-19 front, 285-35-19 rear as they are nearly identical heights in the Pirelli. I chose

I wanted the car to look normal from the side even though the rears are 40mm wider.

To each their own

Gerry

EDIT,
I incorrectly ASSumed the rear wheels on the SS were 9.5 They are 9.0
While lots put 285 on 9 inch wheels, they are a little narrow.
My rears were widened to 9.5 and is the bottom of range for a 285-40 P Zero

#6 ·
I have the same wheels and love them. After a lot of experimenting, I learned that the most tire I could put on the rears, without rolling fender, is the Hankook Ventus V12 evo2 size 295/30ZR19.
Cannot figure out how to attach the picture. But if you want to message me, I'll send it to you.

#8 ·
Jeff, I really never found anything. But if you look around, you can find a good set of Chevy SS wheels for a reasonable price. They are staggered and have the correct offset for our G8's. Also, you can upgrade the front brakes to the CTS-V brakes with the 19" wheels. Stops sooo much better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.