FYI: Car Care High School
Long-Term Road Test Update: Suzuki SX4, Mitsubishi Lancer

·
Registered
551 Posts

·
Cynical A$$hole
2,353 Posts
My DVR says the episode playing at that time will be showing a 2008 Vette.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just watched the G8 episode of Motorweek on PBS in Flint. They had a red GT in San Diego. Very positive review. Few minor fit and trim nits but nothing major. Called it a "factory hot rod" and said "it's about time!" They called it "More BMW than Dodge Charger." That one gotta hurt Mopar. Worth your 10 minutes for the segment. The rest of the show is interesting if just like cars.

Check your local listings.

·
Registered
551 Posts
0-60 & quarter?

Just watched the G8 episode of Motorweek on PBS in Flint. They had a red GT in San Diego. Very positive review. Few minor fit and trim nits but nothing major. Called it a "factory hot rod" and said "it's about time!" They called it "More BMW than Dodge Charger." That one gotta hurt Mopar. Worth your 10 minutes for the segment. The rest of the show is interesting if just like cars.

Check your local listings.
Do you happen to remember what numbers they reported
for the 0-60 & quarter mile?

http://www.mpt.org/motorweek/reviews/rt2730a.shtml

They show only 0-60 = 5.3
No quarter - perhaps they only drove - not full test??
Thanks,
- Ray
Just curious - and stuck at work upgrading Servers today...

·
Registered
6 Posts
They stated only 0-60 of 5.3 sec. No 1/4 mile numbers that I remember. I think they did a ride and drive. I don't remember any track footage.

·
I bleed Burnt Orange
50 Posts
No track footage or numbers. Looks like they got one of the 888's off the boat for a quick drive around San Diego. Lots of good things said, even a few complements about the GTO. They also showed pics of the Holden 60 as a possible GTO replacement and talked about Pontiac bringing over more Holden products. Nice to see someone in the media say something positive about a GM product finally.:bubbrubb:

·
US Ute whore
1,801 Posts
The station that usually shows Motorweek has been changing programming. No Motorweek for a month. :rant: Looks like I'm gonna have to wait for the clip to be posted on the PBS website. Probably another week from now.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Saw the episode. Said the G8 was based on Monaro. Isn't it based on the Commodore VE?

Maybe he had the GTO on his mind during the whole segment as he mentioned the Coupe 60 as a possible GTO replacement.

·
Registered
155 Posts
The review was LAME. It was reviewed the same way they review Passats, Camry's and Minivans. Just leisurely driving on a Sunday going for Tea and Crumpets.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Atlanta

rayainsw,

if a telethon isn't running Motorweek airs 9AM on Saturdays on Atlanta PBS channel 16.
telethon =
Exactly the problem \ issue...
I record that then - when it is on.
Has not been on for the past couple of Saturdays...
I expect that I will see it when 'repeated' on Speed.
Thanks,
- Ray
Checking local listings....

·
Proud owner
1,196 Posts
Don't sweat it guys, you're not missing much. It was better than nothing I guess.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts