Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the beginning stages of a brake swap. Has anybody figured out how to retain the parking brake? That's one item they test during inspection plus my driveway has an incline, so I need to keep that feature.

·
Registered
259 Posts
i'm pretty sure that squash is working on something and so your only other option for now would be a $400 set of rear rotors that allow you to retain it although lead time is upto 12 weeks...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I talked with Squash but he doesn't have a eta for the brake shoes

·
2009 G8 GXP
446 Posts
i'm pretty sure that squash is working on something
I talked with Squash but he doesn't have a eta for the brake shoes
I am not sure why Squash keeps telling people that he is working on it.....he is NOT .....he has moved to bigger things thats worth his time than this brake fix...sad but true !!

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Just run with no e-brake. Its what all the cool kids are doing..

·
Registered
780 Posts
I talked with my local company and it sounds promising!!
Does anyone know the thickness of the original shoe material?
If this works we might be able to do group pricing and would only need to send them your shoe cores.
If this works it could be half the price with a couple day turn around.

·
Premium Member
4,787 Posts
I'm just upgrading to the DBA rotors and using the stock e brake pads and camero brembos and I'll trim the pad myself... Too easy ! I don't like the thought of that bracket, seems like a extra part to go wrong under extreme braking... And I know there's been plenty installed with no issues.. Just my .02 cents...

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
MAybe you missed the part where he said it's a State inspection item :)
Yes I did. I guess than either get a custom shoe built or go with the DBA rotors.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I'm just upgrading to the DBA rotors and using the stock e brake pads and camero brembos and I'll trim the pad myself... Too easy ! I don't like the thought of that bracket, seems like a extra part to go wrong under extreme braking... And I know there's been plenty installed with no issues.. Just my .02 cents...
I did the Camaro/HSV rear conversion with Hawk PC pads. Yes, I trimmed the pads for rotor clearance too. Very easy conversion retaining the e-brake.
My only issue has been brake squealing. Anyone else experiencing this?
I have considered trying Hawk HPS pads now.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I am not sure why Squash keeps telling people that he is working on it.....he is NOT .....he has moved to bigger things thats worth his time than this brake fix...sad but true !!

Thats bad business, he should just be honest.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I talked with my local company and it sounds promising!!
Does anyone know the thickness of the original shoe material?
If this works we might be able to do group pricing and would only need to send them your shoe cores.
If this works it could be half the price with a couple day turn around.
Keep us posted because if it works im all in.

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
thats what I did - all looks factory, e brake works...happy,
happy, happy...............

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Does anyone have the parts list for the Camaro brembos F/R

1 - 20 of 28 Posts