Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I found a couple cars for parts for my car. Curious what the parts are worth off of 'em if any of ya'll have a rough idea, new to G8s and LS so I have no idea really what some of this stuff is worth.

https://www.iaai.com/Vehicles/VehicleDetails.aspx?itemID=22120360&RowNumber=77&loadRecent=True
35k, engine burn...., what's the trans, heads, block, rear end, seats wheels all worth?

https://www.iaai.com/Vehicles/VehicleDetails.aspx?itemID=22342782&RowNumber=31&loadRecent=True
135k, rear end hit...., what's the engine/trans, seats, wheels all worth?

·
Registered
100 Posts
I don't know but I'd happily take the front bumper and rear diffuser off the red one just so I would have extra parts on hand for my GXP in the same color.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I need the front bumper, and I think I'd keep the rear diffuser..., unless someone offered me enough to buy a GT front bumper and makes a few hundred. lol

I don't know...., what is the going rate for GXP front bumpers and rear diffusers these days?

·
Registered
240 Posts
I don't think you have much there honestly. I'd say the quickest things you will sell would be the shortblock/trans, wheels/tires, headlights/taillights, plus GXP parts and if you get lucky aftermarket exhaust/suspension. Weather or not it becomes profit will depend entirely on how much you get the cars for.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just was curious if I could get close to breaking even after I take off headlights, bumper, hood, rad support, and airbags for my car from the parts car.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I would say probably not. Bid is already at $3500 for the red one, who knows how much it will go up. Add shipping costs to that too. The only thing of real value is the parts you're taking off, wheels/tires, suspension (if good). After that you will need to find someone local to sell parts too unless you're willing to ship heavy items (rear end, doors, interior) and even then you might sit on those parts for a long time.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I would say it would all boil down to what your shipping cost would be. It's tough to sell that much local. Parts for these cars are getting rare and expensive.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, it'll cost $1000 of fees and shipping on top of it.

Oh well, put in a bid on the red one - should end up cheaper than buying all of it outright, regardless.

It's tough to sell that much local. Parts for these cars are getting rare and expensive.
Especially in the boonies of Minnesota. But, I'm counting on the parts getting rare and expensive - which is why I had to buy a parts car in the first place, lol. And shipping parts from half way across the USA...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
4 Participants
Kaiser Pontiac
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing