Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across this while surfing around flebay. Can't say I'm a fan, but it's something that looks new to the G8 world.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Proof that PhotoShop and LSD don't mix.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
fits like ass from what ive seen

·
every village has one
2,168 Posts
Definitely throws the sleeper approach out the window, but I like it.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Not really sure how I feel about the design but it is good to see that someone out there is still looking for add-on goodies for a 7 year old, 2 year run, limited production automobile!

·
Registered
896 Posts
I'm a fan. It's aggressive while maintaining the g8's natural hood lines.

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
I'm not sure of this either. Looks ok. It needs something. Like a supercharger poking out of the top where its flat

·
Registered
469 Posts
I don't know... I really like the heat extractor vents, but I hate the combination of the extractors with the raised cowl induction BS.

If they sold a flat hood with the heat extractors, I'd probably go for it.

.... of course, I'm the guy that would put a rear-window louver/slats on car if one was offered by someone... So, ya know...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Saw this on CarID the other day, if you do a google search there is a White Hot with the hood.... but I'm the same, cant decide if I like it or not

·
Registered
469 Posts
So... I saw one of these style hoods on a Cobalt SS a couple of weeks ago. I feel like the fact that it was on a Cobalt SS and the type of person that probably drives that car should make me shy away from the hood... But I gotta say it actually looked pretty sharp on the car. Definitely different.

·
Registered
469 Posts
They aren't by default... You'd have to do some cutting and sanding and re-finishing if you wanted them functional.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I vote thumbs down. I wish they sold extended rear lower valences. I think the area to the left and to the right of rear diffuser ( between tail pipe and tire )needs to be brought down lower.... It would make the car look chunkier ..... I would like maybe to have a body shop see if they can extend by morphing a panel onto existing. It would be painted same color as rest of car.

·
Registered
140 Posts
The vents are open. Here it is on my G8.

·
Registered
469 Posts
The vents are open. Here it is on my G8.

https://youtu.be/C5DvrmY7qcU
Wow!!! I actually really, really like that. I was worried from the pics on the vendor websites that the cowl would be obnoxiously tall, but I think that's just right. How was fitment? Was it a pain in the ass to get on/aligned properly? The panel gap looks good/the same as stock. I'm assuming it's fiberglass... Did you notice increased engine noise from outside the car?... I'm sure you did, but how much?

Is that a real dogs smile in your profile pic ? Cute ... ha Ha.
It's not my dog, but a real dog yes haha. It cracks me up.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts