Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the first time I've had this happen.

I get in the car around 1pm and its an awkwardly hot day for this time of year.
The temp was around 80 and my car was sitting in the sun.
I grab my sunglasses out of the sun glass holder and quickly put them on my face. Wholly crap they were hot. I thought i burned myself. I didn't. but imagine if it was a 90+ degree day.

Anyone else experience this.

Thanks
Mike Haddad

·
Teufel Hunden
342 Posts

I grab my sunglasses out of the sun glass holder and quickly put them on my face. Wholly crap they were hot. I thought i burned myself. I didn't. but imagine if it was a 90+ degree day.

Thanks
Mike Haddad
I believe that it is the responsibility of the sun glass manufacturers to put warning stickers on them to warn us of the possibility of this occurring.

Burn marks like that would not look cool J

·
Ride Orange
255 Posts
In the sun your interior temp will approach 140 on hot summer day, and everything in there will too! Just make sure not to leave your sunglasses in the direct sun for sure!!

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would be curious to see what the temp inside the sunglass holder would get too on a black G8 in a Las vegas summer. I'm gona bet its well over 140.

·
Texas state of mind...
1,139 Posts
****, around here (s. texas) that happens damn near everyday. Chapstick flat out melts, cd's and cases too. You don't have to worry about bugs trapped either, they die! The engine STAYS warm hahah, no combustion needed! These southern summers are brutal, after all, it's not just the heat, it's the humidity! :)

·
Master Sheep Hurdler
1,611 Posts
I've only had that happen once.:(

I came home later than expected and put my sun glasses in the holder because I forgot to bring the hard case. Forgot to take them with me into the house when I got home. Came out the next afternoon to go to work...after tearing the house apart looking for the glasses before I finally remembered I left them in the car. It was over 100° and I was in a hurry. Slapped them on my face and ouch! Got me right between the eyes.:whine:

My car is white, I can't imagine what it would've been like in a black car.

BTW, I also always remote start my car. It's enough to take the edge off the heat but that's about it before I get in. Even then, it'd take a little while for the cool air to penetrate that bin in the headliner, much less cool the frames down.

Needless to say, I always remember my hard case now.:wink2:

·
Pontiac Fanatic
444 Posts
Good thing I got the sunroof...and no sunglasses holder. jk. Good tip though. I have a clip on the visor that holds them and it can still get hot.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Old problem, new instance! Being an old fart, had this happen to me growing up in SOCAL in the late '60s. Was my first pair of sunglasses, and learned real fast that you don't leave them exposed to sun in car with the windows rolled up. Its called branded! Fortunately not permanently!:slap:

·
Registered
364 Posts
I had this problem with my GP which was also black,I just hang them in the A/C vents for a few seconds.

·
Registered
129 Posts

Thanks
Mike Haddad
Hell yeah! I have to put my sunglasses in front of the AC. Here in Texas it can get 100+ every day in the summer.

·
Stryker
1,296 Posts
It happens to me a lot but I'm used to it now. When you live in Florida, it's usually hot.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Damn, you got balls digging up a 10 year old post from its grave.
and to literally add nothing to it. Reminds me of the people who answer amazon questions. "I don't know, I don't have this product"...

·
Slowly gaining acceptance
412 Posts
I wanna jump in! I wanna jump in!

My glasses do get freakin' hot in the holder. They should have put some insulation up there or something.

Done.

·
Sarcasm Personified
3,900 Posts
I got nothing. Just absolutely amazed right now. Bravo you left me speechless. Can't wait to see what you have for sale. ****.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts