Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Installed V6 tails, had moisture, carefully sealed up outside seams with silicone, work for a year or so, back again馃槨

Anything new tried lately?????

The V8 lights never had this problem, just do not like the look

thx

F1rehawk
I used to have that kind of issue on headlights on a previous car. I drilled the smallest holes possible near the base at the front and never had an issue afterwards. Maybe that could be achieved on taillights as well.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
I used to have that kind of issue on headlights on a previous car. I drilled the smallest holes possible near the base at the front and never had an issue afterwards. Maybe that could be achieved on taillights as well.
Thanks for the possible solution.
The area that fogs up is the clear b/u light lower portion
It has a void in the construction of the lens, bad design IMHO
Drilling a hole would be a tough decision without someone actually doing it on the exact lens......

Registered
If you have taken the rear tail light assembly out you will notice the taillight has a space to allow for heat or condensation to dissipate. I would check the foam seal at the back of the light to make sure it seals properly against the inside body panel.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
That seal is only for the large open upper panel area for stop & tail?
The part having issues with is the lower clear panel, it has a enclosed housing that seems to not be able to breathe.......

thx

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
That seal is only for the large open upper panel area for stop & tail?
The part having issues with is the lower clear panel, it has a enclosed housing that seems to not be able to breathe.......

thx
Is the G8GT rear tail design the same as G8 except for lens color??

Registered
Did this on the tailights for my old Chevy Blazer, and it worked. For my G8, I just leave the battery panel off in the trunk. Seems to allow it to breath better.

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Did this on the tailights for my old Chevy Blazer, and it worked. For my G8, I just leave the battery panel off in the trunk. Seems to allow it to breath better.
Thanks, Drilling it still will beo_O

Did your G8 fog up the lower part of the lens or everything??

Registered
Thanks, Drilling it still will beo_O

Did your G8 fog up the lower part of the lens or everything??
Everything fogged up, but while the top part would go away, the lower lense would retain moisture. Now it's all good.

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
Took the first step:rolleyes:, ordered 1/32nd drills for my Dremel......

Very frustrating problem, one of those small details that stands out:confused:

Registered
Did you try removing the lights and letting them sit in the sun to dry out? Then reinstall them with the battery cover off. I would do that first before drilling.

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
Taillight saved me from taking action(y)
(for now)
It just cleared up, no sun, has been raining, I did not do a thing.
:unsure:
Must be a combo of conditions..................

1 - 13 of 13 Posts