Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Installed V6 tails, had moisture, carefully sealed up outside seams with silicone, work for a year or so, back again馃槨

Anything new tried lately?????

The V8 lights never had this problem, just do not like the look

thx

F1rehawk
I used to have that kind of issue on headlights on a previous car. I drilled the smallest holes possible near the base at the front and never had an issue afterwards. Maybe that could be achieved on taillights as well.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
I used to have that kind of issue on headlights on a previous car. I drilled the smallest holes possible near the base at the front and never had an issue afterwards. Maybe that could be achieved on taillights as well.
Thanks for the possible solution.
The area that fogs up is the clear b/u light lower portion
It has a void in the construction of the lens, bad design IMHO
Drilling a hole would be a tough decision without someone actually doing it on the exact lens......

Registered
If you have taken the rear tail light assembly out you will notice the taillight has a space to allow for heat or condensation to dissipate. I would check the foam seal at the back of the light to make sure it seals properly against the inside body panel.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
That seal is only for the large open upper panel area for stop & tail?
The part having issues with is the lower clear panel, it has a enclosed housing that seems to not be able to breathe.......

thx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
blowncaddyguy
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing