Premium Member
10,244 Posts
Awesome; Thanks for sharing!

--zepcom

·
Registered
4 Posts
So here is a dumb question;
how to extract fault codes from the G8 system?
Is there a diagnostic connector in the dash area, or under the hood?

·
2009 G8 GT MGM
52 Posts
OBDII has a port in the driver's footwell area. Any self respecting mechanic will have a scanner and get you the code for free.

If you plan to get any work done at the dealer, I'd take it to them. That way they have a record of the code happening. Meanwhile, browse this forum on your smartphone to make sure what they're telling you is right. :slap:

Story time: the other day, got a check engine light for the umpteenth time. Took it to the dealer, code is P0455 (Large Evap Leak). They tell me to re-tighten the gas cap. I've had this code at least 4 times this year so far, and I'm now paranoid about tightening the gas cap when filling.

I asked them to look up any bulletins related to gas caps. They have nothing. Meanwhile I searched this forum, and gave the guy a part number and bulletin number from a post a couple years back. Oh, all of a sudden there's a whole bulletin, updated gas cap, free replacement, etc. Score!

Waiting for it to be shipped in now. :drink:

·
Registered
4 Posts
OBDII has a port in the driver's footwell area.
found it, thanks. I just wasn't reaching far enough.

Too similar experience, the same P0455 code. (and i pumped in the last load of fuel, !!)
RE-seat the cap and let's see what happens next.

·
Registered
498 Posts
p0480 and 0481. it says cooling fan relay 1 & 2 control circuit. checked the relay ohms of resistance and all of them were between .4 and .7. cant figure out what the issue is. this happened right after i gutted my cats and installed the non-foulers for my 02 sensors. any ideas?

·
Registered
498 Posts
I just tried engineering mode. Coolant temp says 123 degrees when the temp guage is maxed out on the left.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Premium Member
4,179 Posts
^^^ After a PM from you, I see 123 deg C equals 253 deg F. That probably would peg your temp needle in the water temp indicator. With engine running, you need to turn on your AC and select a cold temp and verify that both fans are at least running in low speed or even both in high speed if the AC freon pressures call for it.
This of course, after you know your system is in fact full of water/antifreeze.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Ok had my codes read again.
P0036 ho2s heater control circuit bank 1 sensor 2
P0056 ho2s heater control circuit bank 2 sensor 2
P0140 ho2s circuit insufficient activity bank 1 sensor 2
P0141 ho2s heater performance bank 1 sensor 2
P0160 ho2s circuit insufficient activity bank 2 sensor 2
P0161 ho2s heater performance bank 2 sensor 2
P0480 cooling fan relay 1 control circuit
P0481 cooling fan relay 2 control circuit

What the hell is going on?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Premium Member
4,179 Posts
All of those items are powered by fuse #32---15A (Emissions 2). Get into your underhood fuse box and verify the condition of that fuse NOW. Will post further, after verification.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts