Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody Im a new g8 v6 owner, my rear end suspension needs work, i came across a gt rear end and was wondering if im able to do swap without any problems ? Help

·
Registered
140 Posts
When you sat "rear-end" do you mean rear diff or shocks or?

I'm assuming you mean more than just the shocks and springs.

Hey everybody Im a new g8 v6 owner, my rear end suspension needs work, i came across a gt rear end and was wondering if im able to do swap without any problems ? Help

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rear diff, shocks, control arms etc. What do you think of the situation ? I need help
When you sat "rear-end" do you mean rear diff or shocks or?

I'm assuming you mean more than just the shocks and springs.

·
Registered
140 Posts
By no means am I an expert on the topic but I thought the GT's had a different gear ratio in their rear diff. I also thought their brake set up was bigger.

I could be wrong.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I know the differentials are different, in that the GT has a limited-slip and the V6 doesn't. However, they are interchangeable. I'm pretty sure the ratio is 2.92 on both. I had one installed on mine and no modifications were necessary. I don't know anything about any of the rest of it, like brakes and suspension components.
__________________+

'08 G8 - VE Commodore SV6 - HW, Sunroof, Premium, Comfort & Sound
Mods: VE Commodore Conversion - Front Bar & Grille, Bonnet, Spoiler, Badges, Wheel Centre Caps, Steering Wheel Airbag, Holden Cluster, Leather Console Lid, Holden Shift Knob; Auto-Dimming Mirror (w/o airbag nag), VG Shark Fin, CoStar Bluetooth, Aspheric Door Mirrors, Exterior Boot Release, GMH Rear Window Sunshade, GMH Radiator Cover, GT Boot Lid Liner, GT 2.92 LSD, Parking Sensors, Reverse Camera

·
Registered
137 Posts
Everything will fit, but if the brakes are bigger then wheel clearence will be your issue. You can put V8 limited slip in the V6 as well as the shocks and all the other stuff back there.
Here in OZ the guys with HSV's pull the front brakes off (brembo/AP racing 355mm) and throw on a set of the smaller V6/V8 brakes for draging so they can fit the race rims. With the VE commodore/G8 almost everything can be swapped from one to another V6 to V8, V8 to V6. Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts