Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Full bolt on GTO:

Stroker/etc GTO:
First two runs were about 20 mph, last two runs were at 60 which just isn't a good spot for me...from now on I think I'm gonna stick to digs or slow rolls like I wanted, trying to line up at higher mph's in cars with totally different gearing is just too difficult lol.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Awesome runs and thanks for the great videos!

·
Proud owner
1,196 Posts
Nice runs. :)

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
list of mods?

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Thats a slow gto for having a 383 stroker. Lol. Great kill

·
Premium Member
4,892 Posts
Nice Kills.

Definitely stay away from 60 rolls at all cost with a G8. With stock gearing a 50 roll is great. Anything other than stock gearing 40 rolls all day...

·
Administrator
4,924 Posts
Damn that GTO was throwing some serious sparks when he hammered on the brakes in that third video. Nice runs though. Pretty impressive for a stock displacement N/A 4 door.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thats a slow gto for having a 383 stroker. Lol. Great kill
Thank you sir, car runs pretty good ever since I got a little help from Rick...ya know just a little ;)

Nice Kills.

Definitely stay away from 60 rolls at all cost with a G8. With stock gearing a 50 roll is great. Anything other than stock gearing 40 rolls all day...
Yup definitely a lesson learned, I first wanted only a dig and budged to a 20 just to get a race and I tried to appease even more by doing the 60 which I knew was terrible for me and now Im hearing how I got 'walked' on the highway lol. Oh well, from now Ill stick to my guns.

Damn that GTO was throwing some serious sparks when he hammered on the brakes in that third video. Nice runs though. Pretty impressive for a stock displacement N/A 4 door.
Thanks! Yeah cam + porting the stock stuff, believe the gto had ported heads, fast intake, aftermarket tb too...just what Ive heard.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I can assure you i never said i "walked" your car..... Especially with video proof..... i simply said i edged you out on the 60 roll....
Just the way it was relayed to me, either way its not a big deal to me...its just a race and like you said there is video proof.

·
There was one?
2,310 Posts
Nice runs OP!

·
Registered
1,226 Posts

·
om nom nom nom
433 Posts
good kills ..what kinda tranny mods are you running?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts