Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Great stuff DY, thank you. By chance, did it have an outside temp indicator? That was a little trinket I missed on my GTO. Not that it would make any difference in my purchasing decision (once I hit the Lotto, of course). ;)

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Nicely done write up!

·
Premium Member
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank You DY. Was it your impression that the 888s had been shipped yet, or no.
The delivery time frame was not different than what has been posted here. Around March for them to be all over the country. The Project Manager specifically mentioned that he will bee there when the first batch arrives to head up quality control. Not that there were many problems with the GTO import process - but that they are always looking to make improvements.

Great stuff DY, thank you. By chance, did it have an outside temp indicator? That was a little trinket I missed on my GTO. Not that it would make any difference in my purchasing decision (once I hit the Lotto, of course). ;)
Check out the upgraded stereo / HVAC system - its on the LCD. I didn't notice one on the standard HVAC system. It might have been in the LCD system somewhere, but I wouldn't count on it.

I currently have a G6 with adjustable pedals. Do you know if this will be an option for the G8 GT?
I do not believe this is an option. The steering wheel has the a similar tilt system for the wheel - but I did not need to adjust the pedals.

Another little tidbit - the windshield wipers go in the proper direction unlike the GTO.

·
Registered
673 Posts
The G8 order book says the rear view has a compass - not the temp but a gadget none the less

·
Registered
933 Posts
AH, great news DY. This is the first new car I have ever ordered. At age 64 I keep thinking that I won't live to drive it.

I would have looked for a used G8 GT, but.....well. :p~

·
Registered
25 Posts
Regarding the outside temp display:

Check out the upgraded stereo / HVAC system - its on the LCD. I didn't notice one on the standard HVAC system. It might have been in the LCD system somewhere, but I wouldn't count on it.
I saw what appeared to be an inside temp display on the upgraded HVAC system, but since that display said 75 degrees and your review said it was 30 degrees outside, I figured it was just reading the inside temp.

Does that display change to outside temp after a few moments, like the one in the TrailBlazer (for example)?

Thanks and Merry Christmas-

·
Registered
5 Posts
The one question I have is: Did the automatic rev-match on downshifts? That's a make-or-break for me, believe it or not.

Thanks for the writeup, btw.

1 - 20 of 114 Posts