Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
HPT Pro Tuner
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a couple of short clips showing she drives nice after cam, but mainly testing the camera setup for any future trips down to Mexico , to stretch her legs :angel:

·
HPT Pro Tuner
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a lot dude.
The trans/engine rev matching is a feature in the 6l80e trans that allows the computer to blip the throttle during a downshift, whether the shift is initiated manually with TUTD or automatically by the PAL/PAS algorithms, and uses the CT downshift TM to work as intended.

I guess people who road race the car can tell you it's a nice thing to have, especially if the algorithm can anticipate the needed downshift when entering through a corner, but if it can't, and the computer is pretty good about it once PAL is engaged, you can always use manual mode and let the rev matching do its thing, it helps mostly not to upset the suspension during hard corners.

I don't do road racing, but i'd like to have it enabled when I do mountain driving, or just when i'm playing around with the car in manual mode, or when driving more aggressively, she'll have those big downshifts done by the trans automatically in sport mode for example.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Very nice!

·
HPT Pro Tuner
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ty, now I need to remind myself to use manual for roll starts. it's been a while since the last time I took the car down to Mexico :)

·
Registered
845 Posts
What did you have the camera mounted to?

·
HPT Pro Tuner
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's a $14 universal cell mount I picked at Pepboys. it comes with a little plastic base that has 3M tape on one side, I slapped that one in the sunglass compartment or whatever that thing is called, and the other portion has a suction cup with a brace and the actual cell holder, works great since I can mount my Android, or Iphone or Ipod to it and take interesting shots :)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Then when i'm done, I simply unplug the suction cup and the whole thing fits in the glove compartment.

Not a Go Pro setup, but again, it's only $14.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Sounds like you have the car running pretty good with the new cam. Pretty slick camera mount too.

·
Premium Member
1,896 Posts
Car sounds awesome!

·
Super Moderator
2,521 Posts
It's a $14 universal cell mount I picked at Pepboys. it comes with a little plastic base that has 3M tape on one side, I slapped that one in the sunglass compartment or whatever that thing is called, and the other portion has a suction cup with a brace and the actual cell holder, works great since I can mount my Android, or Iphone or Ipod to it and take interesting shots :)

Then when i'm done, I simply unplug the suction cup and the whole thing fits in the glove compartment.

Not a Go Pro setup, but again, it's only $14.
Might have to get this mount for GONE event. Would it hold Ok when launching the car at the track?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
HPT Pro Tuner
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh heck yeah, no problems holding down my ipod or Iphone 5, my Android is just a tad heavier than the ipod, but less heavier than the iphone, no issues with any of them.

This was taken with my Ipod

·
Super Moderator
2,521 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,332 Posts
Thanks a lot dude.
The trans/engine rev matching is a feature in the 6l80e trans that allows the computer to blip the throttle during a downshift, whether the shift is initiated manually with TUTD or automatically by the PAL/PAS algorithms, and uses the CT downshift TM to work as intended.
Blue: Can you turn this feature on an off in HPT. Had Rick C look at my tune and he removes TM in his trans tunes. Haven't quite figured out his tune yet because it is so different than the way you and I had done it years ago but I seem to have lost this feature with Rick's tune. I must say though is certainly shifts quicker with Rick's tune. Where do I find this feature in HPT, what does CT stand for, and is it adjustable?

·
HPT Pro Tuner
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
CT stands for close throttle, and yes, it can be turned off or on. If you disabled the master TM switch, you'll loose the feature, it's in Trans Torque management / Torque reduction / CT Downshift. Lots of things have changed in my trans since the days we used to play with it :), it's more simple now, and yet faster, and without the jerkiness. All my TM master switches are on (basically everything in that Torque reduction spot are all master switches), and i can still bark the 1-2 with ease, even with the DR's she wears daily..., TM can be your trans best friend when tuned, or its worst enemy like in stock trim :)

·
HPT Pro Tuner
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sure I have, Bell 22-1-22235-8, Mobile Device Holder.

·
HPT Pro Tuner
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No problem, the part# at Pepboys is 22235-8, not sure why the don't list the part# in full like everybody else.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts