Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
GXPanther
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hating the way my nice new ProForm valve covers were still obstructed by the coils even with the ProForm coil relocation kit I decided to make my own. Inspired by a youtube video I found from someone with an LS2 Holden i think.

in the pictures everything is fully functional and i have driven the car to work and back, but i still want to take it all apart and paint the metal brackets and white plastics spacers all black.

i used the thickest gauge metal i could find at my homedepot. along with some all-thread, washers, nuts, lock washers. and of course 2 x 24" coil extension harness found on summit for $100. the plug wires are the ones recommended by ProForm with the re-location kit

the passenger side is crazy close, but fits.

i think it turned out great

·
Administrator
4,924 Posts
Looks awesome. And those valve cover look great with the maggie.

But no detailed DIY?:(

·
Registered
556 Posts
That looks awesome. Im def wanting to paint my TB and maybe a few other things black now.

·
GXPanther
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
when i take it out to paint it i will take some pictures.

that plus the youtube video that inspired me is really all you would need.

·
Registered
679 Posts
I noticed your "breather" oil cap. Doesn't that throw a check-engine code? How did you get around that?

·
GXPanther
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i was unaware of that causing any codes on factory tunes. in either case i didn't start using the oil fill breather cap until well after my 1st custom tune. if it does throw codes i must have it tuned out

·
Registered
141 Posts
That one of 'dem 'dar Chebby G8 SS's?

Neat idea, but they look a bit out of place due to the angles and spacing. How are they mounted to the fender wells?

·
GXPanther
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
driver side is bolted to the base of the battery terminal bracket. used one factory bolt and drilled one hole into the bottom of the battery bracket.

passenger side is bolted to the back of the ABS module. no holes drilled used all factory mounting points. just piggy backing off of two of the bolts for the ABS.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts