Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello people. Hope everyone is surviving these gas prices! Are we ever going to see these prices below $3 again? Hope so. I have a p0442 code which is a slower small air leak. The cheapest way to start is installing a new gas cap. (92251462) My question is my cap has blue lettering and the newer ones I was told have white lettering. The ones that I've been seeing for sale are blue lettering. So, should I buy a cap with blue lettering or hunt down one with white lettering. I'm stumped. Help. Thanks

·
Premium Member
9,088 Posts
Common Problems That Trigger the P0455 Code

Missing fuel cap
Defective or damaged fuel cap
Distorted or damaged Fuel Tank Filler Neck
Torn or punctured Evaporative system hose(s)
Defective Fuel Tank Sending Unit gasket or seal
Split or damaged Carbon Canister
Defective Evaporative Vent Valve and/or Evaporative Purge Valve
Defective or damaged fuel tank
Defective Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor
Read the blue lettering is the latest. Read the white lettering is the latest and blue is the old style. :unsure:

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After searching the net and Googling the 92251462 cap all I find are all blue lettering caps. Can someone direct me to a correct search? I see white GM lettering caps with different part numbers but the fitment guide doesn't include Pontiac G8's. Can these GM caps fit or do I have to stick with the 92251462 cap? Thanks

·
Premium Member
9,088 Posts
Is the tether still attached to the fuel tank cap? If I remember correctly, the replacement cap furnished by the stealership had blue lettering. The blue lettering part number is 92251462. It replaced 92232541 which must have white lettering. Stick with the latest/ most current part number. Post number two is merely what others have said in various threads on the forum.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes tether line is attached. Ok. So, I'll purchased a new cap with the blue lettering to replace my cap which also has blue lettering which tells me that it was replaced before my ownership from the (white) original cap. Hopefully that will stop the the p0442 code. Like I said before I'm starting with the cheapest way out. Thanks again

·
Registered
222 Posts
I recently installed 92251462 and it fixed the same code.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts