Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a set of the AS-03's for my car. I havent had them mounted yet, but I was just wondering what everyone's thoughts are on them. I got them in 245/45-18 and 275/40-18. Since I live in Indiana I needed a set of all seasons due to not wanting to buy both a set of summer and winter tires. They were the only tires that were really in my budget, so I was just trying to get a feel for what to expect from them. They are replacing some very worn RS-As, so I know it will be a huge step up, but was just wondering how they compare to something like the Continental DWS tires. I really wanted them, but just couldn't swing the price on them. Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Put a set of General G-Maxs on my G8 about a month ago. Good tires so far probably put about 2000 miles on them. Only complaint is they are a little louder than I would like but can't complain for the price.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Coming from RSA's they are an enormous step up.

Wet traction has been damn impressive and my rear end no longer slides out on a slightly fast turn.

Overall very impressed and very happy

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
40K miles on mine, driving year round, all conditions Wisconsin/Illinois/Iowa have to offer.

Been great. Not loud at all IMO, great rain driving, good grip with my Pedders GSR kit they just grip n rip. Not once have I been nervous in snow. I'd say its an all around good tire.

They are essentially those Continental DWS tires everyone has except the treads a tad different. If memory serves Continental owns General or vice versa.

I'd recommend them.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just got them installed today, havent put but maybe 15 miles on them so far around town and a little highway. They seem quieter that the crappy RSAs for sure. Also when I got WOT on the highway, they dont squeal the entire time until I let off of it. Seems like a nicer ride in town on potholed streets too.

·
Car RamRod
1,795 Posts
these have ben my favorite tires so far. They will get loud when they get to the wear bars.
I have two of them in the back of the truck to go on the G8 rears today...got 30K out of the old ones...my fault. Too much...ummm...smoke release...?

·
Registered
304 Posts
40K miles on mine, driving year round, all conditions Wisconsin/Illinois/Iowa have to offer.

Been great. Not loud at all IMO, great rain driving, good grip with my Pedders GSR kit they just grip n rip. Not once have I been nervous in snow. I'd say its an all around good tire.

They are essentially those Continental DWS tires everyone has except the treads a tad different. If memory serves Continental owns General or vice versa.

I'd recommend them.

I believe General is Good Year's value brand.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I believe General is Good Year's value brand.
They are continentals if I'm not mistaken.

OP, I have them on they ride good and wear good. Have right at 16k on them, good all weather traction and not overly priced.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
for driving around, they arent bad, def no traction at the track haha i seem to have a problem with traction with any inclement weather too

1 - 12 of 12 Posts