Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

As General Motors is set to emerge from bankruptcy protection, the giant U.S. automaker's fresh start might just include a new logo; a green one. According to a report by MSNBC, GM has a design team that is currently looking in to changing the logo and they have discussed swapping the blue out in favor of a friendlier (and more environmentally-responsible) green.

GM is looking to re-brand itself as not just a leader in the automotive industry but as a leader in the race for more fuel-efficient vehicles. The company has already poured billions into bring the plug-in hybrid Chevy Volt to market and intends to put a lot of focus on its new direct-injection engines, like the 30 mpg V6 model in the Chevrolet Camaro, as well as the turbocharged 2.4-liter Ecotec four-cylinder planned for the upcoming LaCrosse and a smaller 1.4-liter turbocharged direct-injection four-cylinder in the Chevrolet Cruze.

The green logo might just be the right move to help re-brand a company that is trying to market itself as not only greener, but also leaner and more able to make quick decisions in an ever changing world.

More: General Motors Going Green: Even the Logo? on AutoGuide.com

·
Banned
717 Posts
Even more reason to hate the "New GM". I am so sick of everything having to be "Green".:barf:

·
Longtime Member
1,556 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
First the "Reds" were going to nuke us, and now the "Greens" are going to "Chicken Little" us into poverty. Instead of singing the "Blues", maybe it's time to rally under another color (Ultraviolet?) to champion honest rational thinking and fair play.

·
Registered
624 Posts
what is this green nonsense .....

·
Registered
114 Posts
I wonder how many people are like me, and react to things like this in the exact opposite way we're supposed to.

Maybe it plays better to the cult-like members of the green movement.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Oh geez

God Help us and Saints preserve us!!

·
It did hurt a lot!
320 Posts
This is just plain silly. "A Green Logo means we are enviromentally responsible" blah. next all the cars will be green so that automatically makes them more enviromentally friendly as well.:drink:

·
Registered
51 Posts
"GM has a design team that is currently looking in to changing the logo"

Are you kidding me. It took a design TEAM to come up with something stupid like this???

I wonder if that was part of their bankruptcy.

·
Master Sheep Hurdler
1,611 Posts
A more apt logo would be this:

Attachments

·
Banned
717 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts