Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a friend call me and they Just had a 08 G8 GT traded in on a new $73000 vette. He offered it to me at a price I couldnt refuse and will be hopefully getting it tomorrow. He is the sales manager. It is a black on black 08 GT with 8800 actual miles. Sport package with 19's and no roof. You guys tell me what you think its worth and once I get it in my possession I will post what I got it for. It was a 73yr old man who traded in so its definately not hurt. I bought a 2005 CTS V and love it but I really missed my G8 so it will be nice to have both cars to choose from when I go out for a cruise. Let me know what you guys think its worth.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I havent been able to stop smiling. Here is the full story. I go to Pigeon Forge twice a yr for the Rod Runs and there is a couple (Tim and Vicki) that comes down and hang out with my group and we just have a blast down there. Well Tims brother is the General manager at a Chevy dealer and it just so happens he was there with his brother when the car came in on trade. He told his brother he knows someone who loves the G8's, (ME)...He gives me a call and it was a one owner who stored it in a climate controlled garage, never seen snow, no wrecks, paint work etc. It was traded for a grand sport vette and it is perfect with the exception of one of the tiniest rock dings in the hood toward the rear. Very minimal. 8800 miles with 19's, leather and no roof. Car also has the full borla exhaust as a added bonus. I called and said he would not take a penny less $19000. I think I wrote the check in my sleep. I feel like I totally robbed them and in the same am very thankful that my buddy Tim thought of me and helped me land a stellar deal....I missed my G8 GT since selling it 1.5 yrs ago and after driving this one I know why.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I wish I had a friend like that!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys. I am super excite about it. To have someone I see twice a yr at a car show think of me meant alot and I honestly had no intentions of getting another G8 at this time because I had tried to buy 2 different ones in January and they fell thru soi I jumped on my CTS-V and am happy with it but when a deal like this comes around u have to pull out all stops to get it. I will be back on the forums looking for advice..

Thanks again, this board is always helpful in every aspect..

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'll give you $20,000 for it. Great deal, congrats to you. I'm thinking of buying one, but its between both cars you have (CTS-V and G8GT) which do you prefer? I'm thinking the G8 just because it would be a few years newer and probably right around the same price ($20,000) as a nice first gen CTS-V.

·
Hoonigan
58 Posts
Very nice!!! I thought I had a good deal. Yours is 10 times better!! Congrats!!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here is some quick shots I snapped...

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'll give you $20,000 for it. Great deal, congrats to you. I'm thinking of buying one, but its between both cars you have (CTS-V and G8GT) which do you prefer? I'm thinking the G8 just because it would be a few years newer and probably right around the same price ($20,000) as a nice first gen CTS-V.
I had a 08 G8GT before the V and after having them both the V is a very good ride and fun to drive but after taking a trip in my wifes CTS with my teenage kids the G8 has alot more room inside and is more comfortable for growing family. The V has cool lines but with the 2nd gens out and they keep making them the Gen1 will be less and less desirable. Plus with the V the 6spd is a nice change but overall after having both I would prefer the G8 over the V...

Here is my V when I got it.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had a 08 G8GT before the V and after having them both the V is a very good ride and fun to drive but after taking a trip in my wifes CTS with my teenage kids the G8 has alot more room inside and is more comfortable for growing family. The V has cool lines but with the 2nd gens out and they keep making them the Gen1 will be less and less desirable. Plus with the V the 6spd is a nice change but overall after having both I would prefer the G8 over the V...

Here is my V when I got it.
Thanks for the review. Looks like a G8GT is in my future.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
About this Discussion
19 Replies
13 Participants
gaewsky1
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing