Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.

I will hopefully be getting a G8 GXP soon. This will be my my 3rd G8. My first two were GT's but this will be my first GXP. It is also an automatic.

Really looking forward to it. And I will hopefully post some pictures of it here soon.

Do GXP's come with the center gauges showing oil pressure, temperature, and battery voltage?

Thanks.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hello.

Do GXP's come with the center gauges showing oil pressure, temperature, and battery voltage?

Thanks.
No that was an '08 only feature. If you want it (or something similar), one option would be to upgrade your center console to the Holden iQ radio where you could get the HSV analog gauges.

·
Premium Member
4,582 Posts
Welcome back to the forum. The "atari" gauges were removed and subsequently not included on later G8 models. Instead, they were replaced with a factory storage compartment. The GXP will come equipped as such unless the previous owner installed the gauges or a similar setup.

·
Premium Member
4,174 Posts
Intriguing, the number of previous owners who gave up on this car (for what ever convenient reason) an are now rolling back into them. Its like the only holdout left out there, may be that man that seems to try/buy pretty much every brand an model available. Course he may have completed that journey, an now has what he feels is the right combination of vehicles in his garage. That being the one an only "Zodiac"

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Hello.

I will hopefully be getting a G8 GXP soon. This will be my my 3rd G8. My first two were GT's but this will be my first GXP. It is also an automatic.

Really looking forward to it. And I will hopefully post some pictures of it here soon.

Thanks.
I'm a copy/paste...8 years ago I left my two GTs (mine and my wife's), only to have just returned to a GXP a few weeks ago now. I went through many a car in between, good, great, amazing and meh, but the G8 forever did, and now forever remains the king! Welcome back! (soon) =)

·
Premium Member
3,284 Posts
Hello.

Thanks.
Welcome back to G8 Ownership & congrats on the GXP! Drop me a PM with last 6 digits of your VIN, and I will give you all the specific production info and history that I have for your car from the G8 GXP Registry that I have organized.

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Welcome back! What happened to the other two you had or do you still have them?

·
Premium Member
4,582 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,624 Posts
Welcome back!

·
Premium Member
4,582 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, you are correct. I was going to purchase a 2009 Pontiac G8 GXP from CarMax. Car looks to be in great condition in the pictures.

The problem is that it is being transferred about 400 miles from a CarMax in Alabama to the one near me in Cincinnati, OH. The car supposedly shipped last Saturday but is still in transit. In the time while I have been waiting, I was reminded of the Chevy SS and the more I looked into it, the more I started leaning that way.

I am going to look at an SS later today and if I don't like it, the backup car will be the G8 GXP.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yes, you are correct. I was going to purchase a 2009 Pontiac G8 GXP from CarMax. Car looks to be in great condition in the pictures.

The problem is that it is being transferred about 400 miles from a CarMax in Alabama to the one near me in Cincinnati, OH. The car supposedly shipped last Saturday but is still in transit. In the time while I have been waiting, I was reminded of the Chevy SS and the more I looked into it, the more I started leaning that way.

I am going to look at an SS later today and if I don't like it, the backup car will be the G8 GXP.
Before buying my GXP I went to look at a manual SS at a dealer just north of Dallas. I arrived to find out the SS had already sold and the new owner was flying up from Florida to get it. A week later a 6 speed GXP popped up at a dealer right by my house and I bought it the same day. :smile2:

·
Premium Member
3,284 Posts
Is this car 9L316169, or is this a different GXP?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
By the way, I did get the SS. The heads up display, magnetic ride, dual mode exhaust, navigation, better seats (cooled and heated), nav, were too nice to pass up. The car also had the option of a full sized spare which in 2019 is mind-blowing. It is an auto which is what I wanted since I also wanted the remote start. The SS also seem to have much better range on the remote start than my previous G8's.

Goes nicely with my 2011 Corvette Grand Sport (6-manual, dry sump).

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts