Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its time to put my car on the dyno to see how much power I have. After long ordeal of the motor i bought was built incorrectly and 510 race engineering fixing all the problems. Its time to see what my car can do. I'm not really sure what type of WHP i will be around but i be happy to be around 450whp.

Mods are below.

Built Studded Bottom end|11:5:1 CR|Compstar H Beam Rods|Racetech Forged Popup Pistons|ACL Cam, Main, and Rod Bearings|GFX or Wiseco Piston Rings|Comp Cam Upgraded Rocker Arm Trunions|ARP Head Studs|LS7 Lifters|Viton Valve Seals|Comp Cam Push Rods, Springs with Titanium Retainers|Comp Double Roller Timing Set|Melling High Pressure Oil Pump|Circle D 245mm 2C 3600 Stall|Ported Intake Manifold, Throttle Body, and Heads|229/236 .624"/615" 112 LSA Cam|160 Stat|DOD Delete Kit|NEP Underdrive Pulley|OBX 3" Exhaust|Vararam Intake|Brembo Brakes|Camaro Wheels|Tuned: 510 Race Engineering

Results will be updated tomorrow morning.

·
09 SBM G8 GT
261 Posts
495 RWHP 475RWTQ, just kind of throwin it out there lol depending on if you run it in 3rd or 4th lol

·
Registered
1,661 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well the track will be in the schedule soon, as i just got the car back two weeks ago to break in the motor and now we ready to go all out. lol

I would love your drag pack tho Troy. lol my camaro wheels won't do the trick.

·
Registered
585 Posts
what numbers did you have on your car? it says your built and cam like mine.
Troy has a stock L76 block, not a built block. He has the same mods as me, slightly different cam and now as of late a stall. Think he put down something like 430/415. However I find it hard to believe that it makes that little considering that dyno was on his stock converter when he and I were running identical times. It's gotta take more than 430 whp to carry a 4000# sled down the 1/4 mile in the high 11's trapping 120 mph. You'd think anyway. I'm sure his power under the curve is outstanding though.

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
Troy has a stock L76 block, not a built block. He has the same mods as me, slightly different cam and now as of late a stall. Think he put down something like 430/415. However I find it hard to believe that it makes that little considering that dyno was on his stock converter when he and I were running identical times. It's gotta take more than 430 whp to carry a 4000# sled down the 1/4 mile in the high 11's trapping 120 mph. You'd think anyway. I'm sure his power under the curve is outstanding though.
^ Yea 430/413 was the inital dyno. Dave has your been dynoed yet?? This was done just after Rick got it put back together, on a hot summer night at the end of last summer. Since then the tune has settled and the car has gotten stronger no doubt. Those dyno numbers were also through the stock mid section exhaust. I want to dyno again with my "track exhasut" setup...and not on a dyno that stingy as hell LOL.

Another guy in a GTO dynoed that same night as mine and made 474, then a month or so later went to another dyno nearby and made 515...

·
Registered
585 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
I guess 425/407

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.