Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided I cant wait anymore... I want that nice lope that only a cam can provide. I am thinking of the 1c cam. I have the stock stall & gears. Unless you guys know of a vendor that has a better package price, let me know ASAP!!!! Car is a 65k mile 2009 G8 GT. VR, Kook 1 3/4LT's, Kook's catted xpipe, Magnaflow AB, HSRK, & Taylor 10.9mm Thundervolt. All stock otherwise.

http://www.livernoismotorsports.com/products/2008%252d09-G8-GT-DOD-Delete-Camshaft-Package-%252d-Mail-Order.html

Advice welcome... you guys have been around this car way longer than me. I am not the type that thinks they know everything, I am more than happy to hear you all out.

·
'Mod'erator
4,892 Posts
I decided I cant wait anymore... I want that nice lope that only a cam can provide. I am thinking of the 1c cam. I have the stock stall & gears. Unless you guys know of a vendor that has a better package price, let me know ASAP!!!! Car is a 65k mile 2009 G8 GT. VR, Kook 1 3/4LT's, Kook's catted xpipe, Magnaflow AB, HSRK, & Taylor 10.9mm Thundervolt. All stock otherwise.

http://www.livernoismotorsports.com/products/2008%252d09-G8-GT-DOD-Delete-Camshaft-Package-%252d-Mail-Order.html

Advice welcome... you guys have been around this car way longer than me. I am not the type that thinks they know everything, I am more than happy to hear you all out.
Livernois is an awesome vender, and one hell of a shop. I think that as far as packages go that is a good route to go. I think you should also consider a custom spec'd cam as well. Sure you may have to source the supporting parts outside of a package deal, but you will have a cam that will fit your needs with out question.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I'm going with a cam too! I'm a little amped about it. Getting mine speced to my taste and custom ground.

·
Registered
585 Posts
If you want any lope, don't pick the 1c cam. There's also plenty other cams that will work with a stock converter that will provide better horsepower gains. If you want Livernois, I'd go with their regular stage 1 cam. Or contact Pat G or Rick Crawford and get them to spec you a custom cam. ;)

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On the phone with Rick right now.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Livernois is an awesome vender, and one hell of a shop. I think that as far as packages go that is a good route to go. I think you should also consider a custom spec'd cam as well. Sure you may have to source the supporting parts outside of a package deal, but you will have a cam that will fit your needs with out question.
Exactly what I did but it takes a little more effort.

It cost me about $500.00 more with the substitutes and another $1500.00 for the rockers, but i have exactly what i want with no compromise. If you decide to go with a package,slightly custom package, or custom grind... DO NOT assume everything is correct....check everything. I got burnt...well almost because i did check. When i ordered my custom package from New Era, I asked them to make sure all the parts would work together....At the time i was going with the original rockers and trunion upgrade and 7.400 rods(which i will be selling). I also asked them to check the base circle of the custom grind and lunati lifters to make sure the geometry will be ok...none of this was even close. So i went with adjustables because my geometry called for 7.100 now....waaaay off from 7.400. What pi$$ed me off was i was told this setup would work after some discussion. But when it came time for a little support they were no where to be found.

·
'Mod'erator
4,892 Posts
Exactly what I did but it takes a little more effort.

It cost me about $500.00 more with the substitutes and another $1500.00 for the rockers, but i have exactly what i want with no compromise. If you decide to go with a package,slightly custom package, or custom grind... DO NOT assume everything is correct....check everything. I got burnt...well almost because i did check. When i ordered my custom package from New Era, I asked them to make sure all the parts would work together....At the time i was going with the original rockers and trunion upgrade and 7.400 rods(which i will be selling). I also asked them to check the base circle of the custom grind and lunati lifters to make sure the geometry will be ok...none of this was even close. So i went with adjustables because my geometry called for 7.100 now....waaaay off from 7.400. What pi$$ed me off was i was told this setup would work after some discussion. But when it came time for a little support they were no where to be found.
Wow man that sounds like a hassle. Pat G spec'd my cam and gave me the precise part numbers to order for push rods and springs to work with my 1.85 rockers, and everything was perfect.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Maybe get the cam package form Livernois or VMS without the cam. And then get a custom cam spec'd from Rick or Pat G?

·
Registered
460 Posts
^^^^^ Thats what i did ....i added a new timing chain also tho. Just beware with vms kit, there springs are only rated at .630 ish max lift.

·
Registered
116 Posts
^^^^^ Thats what i did ....i added a new timing chain also tho. Just beware with vms kit, there springs are only rated at .630 ish max lift.
I got the vms 1.5 cam kit. But I ended up getting a set of dual springs from livernois. The 1.5 cam from vms is very similar in specs to livernois 2c cam.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 10 of 10 Posts