Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, does anyone have any tips or tricks for getting the damn thing unbolted from it's bracket? the rear lower bolt is an absolute PITA. I got it to break free but having a bitch of a time getting it lose and backed out.

·
Premium Member
4,197 Posts
Can't find any special instructions for removing the 3 bolts. They make it sound very straight forward on removing them, then sliding the compressor forward a little, then up an out. Sorry.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Ok, does anyone have any tips or tricks for getting the damn thing unbolted from it's bracket? the rear lower bolt is an absolute PITA. I got it to break free but having a bitch of a time getting it lose and backed out.

Gotta do it through the wheel well. You need a chrome swivel socket and that makes it easy. If it's loose I think you can wrench it out with a short ratcheting wrench.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Car RamRod
1,795 Posts
a set of gear wrenches helps. IIRC, you have to pull the compressor away from the block as you remove the bolt - I think. give it a try.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The instructions are very straight forward: unbolt the three bolts and slide forward then remove the bracket. But i'm having a terrible time getting that bolt out. I have a swivel socket but its kind of a poorly designed one and doesn't allow me to rotate the bolt all that well. I got it broken free and turned out a few turns but not enough to loosen the compressor free. I will just keep at it, wiggle as i go

thanks lads

1 - 6 of 6 Posts