Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, Does anyone here have issues with Gforce rear end kit, Im leaking oil from the axle seals ( differential end),I have the moser nodular case35 wavetrac pumpkin.After the install i tried to break in 500 miles, but I always had little leaks from the axles, I managed to break in with short cycles and took it for a differential fluid change,they replaced the seals but this time i had a new problem, the left axle actually snapped of the bearing,Im baffled and contacted gforce, Chris asked me to send the stubs so they can analyze and send new ones,I really doubt if the new ones will fix it, No garage here wants to keep the car on the rack for a week waiting for parts and gforce dont want to send the new seals without me sending the faulty seals, I even offered to pay for them.I spend a lot of dough getting the rear end kit and double labor for fixing the axle seals and i have to do it again. Anyone here had issues with groce rear end kit, please advice.I really doubt if the new stub retainers by gforce will stop the leak.I can guarantee that it was not a faulty install as the job was done by a reputed garage here famous for GM performance.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey man I'm having the same problem right now. I don't like how the axle seal sticks out past the housing then when the retainer plate is bolted to "squish" the seal in it is too far out, it is deforming the retainer plate.
I have recieved the new retainer plate with an extra seal though when this bolts against the seal it deforms it and the retainer plate is actually warped.

To be honest I'm not really happy about the whole thing either, taking up time and money for labour now for the third time soon. Not after thinking I had a bullet proof rear.

Have you had the car to over 105mph?? I'm getting a vibration from the rear that only has happened since the 9" as well not sure why, I had the shaft rebalanced again also.

now you know Your not the only one who is stuck in this horrid position.
Brett

·
Registered
183 Posts
Hi, Does anyone here have issues with Gforce rear end kit, Im leaking oil from the axle seals ( differential end),I have the moser nodular case35 wavetrac pumpkin.After the install i tried to break in 500 miles, but I always had little leaks from the axles, I managed to break in with short cycles and took it for a differential fluid change,they replaced the seals but this time i had a new problem, the left axle actually snapped of the bearing,Im baffled and contacted gforce, Chris asked me to send the stubs so they can analyze and send new ones,I really doubt if the new ones will fix it, No garage here wants to keep the car on the rack for a week waiting for parts and gforce dont want to send the new seals without me sending the faulty seals, I even offered to pay for them.I spend a lot of dough getting the rear end kit and double labor for fixing the axle seals and i have to do it again. Anyone here had issues with groce rear end kit, please advice.I really doubt if the new stub retainers by gforce will stop the leak.I can guarantee that it was not a faulty install as the job was done by a reputed garage here famous for GM performance.
Give me a call, we have a fix for this. We now have aluminum retainers with seals in them that stop any leaking.

Hey man I'm having the same problem right now. I don't like how the axle seal sticks out past the housing then when the retainer plate is bolted to "squish" the seal in it is too far out, it is deforming the retainer plate.
I have recieved the new retainer plate with an extra seal though when this bolts against the seal it deforms it and the retainer plate is actually warped.

To be honest I'm not really happy about the whole thing either, taking up time and money for labour now for the third time soon. Not after thinking I had a bullet proof rear.

Have you had the car to over 105mph?? I'm getting a vibration from the rear that only has happened since the 9" as well not sure why, I had the shaft rebalanced again also.

now you know Your not the only one who is stuck in this horrid position.
Brett
I sent ya en email, I need a measurement if you could get one for me.
This is to fix the leak that you both have.

As far as the vibration, still sounds like driveshaft of alignment to me. If it was an axle or cv joint it would vibrate on acceleration starting at about 40 mph.

Thanks
Chris

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks Chris,

The customer service so far from you guys has been second to none and is a credit to you guys.

I got the tracking number for the new retainer plates. Hopefully these ones when bolted to the housing won't have to push the seal so much that the seal still protrudes past the housing causing the retainer plate to warp in the middle and just fill the outside with silicone.
If the seal went into housing and was made flush when retainer plate is bolted to it, it would be much neater.
Ill post a pic when I have the new one fitted and the recent one you sent so you can see how bad it's warped.

As for vibration I have no where else to look. Wheels have been ballanced. Shaft rebalanced. Messed with angle to find no change. Rear end has had a alignment when 9" fitted. If I can't sort it I'm going to have to take out this rear end and put a standard one in there to race it. If its not there as it wasn't before it means something is a miss with the 9" and I hope something can be done because it will be useless to me.

Ill try a few more things before first but I can't afford to be paying all this labour for a problem that should not exist.
Brett

·
Registered
183 Posts
Hey Chris,
I'm still having problems with this kit. Sent you an email need some help
Brett,

Do you have or can you borrow a GoPro camera? That would help in pin pointing the vibration.
You can usually see a vibration in a video. When the vibration starts, the area where the vibration is occurring will change appearance and look like it's vibrating. We've used this approach before and it works every time.
We start by putting the camera on the front of the driveshaft where it connects to the transmission, then looking down the length of the driveshaft, then on the rear of the tail shaft where it goes into the diff.
Then you would start on each axle and stub.
You should be able to tell what is causing the vibration by noting how many minutes into the test drive the vibration is starting and then going back and watching that section of the video.
I wish I could tell you what is causing it but it just isn't a vibration that that I've heard about before. If it's an axle or cv joint, it will most always start at around 30-40 mph and up when under acceleration, then stop when you let off the gas.
Driveshafts will vibrate like your stating, starting around 50-60 and then stopping after a certain speed. I know you said you checked it but that's what it sounds like to me.
You had your own driveshaft made for this rear, What material is your driveshaft made of? Just curious what type it is.
What adapter are you using to connect the shaft to the transmission?

Thanks
Chris

·
Registered
12 Posts
Chris,
I KNOW the vibration is coming from the rear.
I had the shaft removed and ballanced again as well as many other things being changed that I have given you a list of costing me well over $2000.
Your forgetting this shaft was fine in the car untill the 9" went in.
My shaft has a billet strange 4l80 slip yoke up front 3.5" chrome moly with billet ends. The shaft had no problem seing 145+mph before the 9".
I then thought ok ill try another shaft, got a big Hp 2 piece made with a slip with make /female splines and centre bearing, still same thing. Waste of money vibe at the same speed.
No I don't have one of these cameras and I already can feel the vibration anyway it's coming and shaking only the rear.
What has changed since it didn't do this? Only the 9".
Thanks

·
There was one?
2,310 Posts
Any progress made since? Any resolutions?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.