Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a grey G8 and I am toying with the idea of putting some ghost stripes on it. The Lumberton, TX police department has a Grey Tahoe and it has all its insignia ghosted on, and that SOB looks good! Some angles you can see it, and other angles it just looks like a grey Tahoe, quite stealthy. Anyone have any ideas? I wouldn't know where to start. I'm thinking just a hint of silver or smoke.

·
doing stuff and things
534 Posts
I've got a grey G8 and I am toying with the idea of putting some ghost stripes on it. The Lumberton, TX police department has a Grey Tahoe and it has all its insignia ghosted on, and that SOB looks good! Some angles you can see it, and other angles it just looks like a grey Tahoe, quite stealthy. Anyone have any ideas? I wouldn't know where to start. I'm thinking just a hint of silver or smoke.
Ghosting is, from my understanding, heavy clear and paint. I had matte clear Bathurst stripes on my car for a while. Gave a similar effect. I like the ghost look but it takes some skill to lay them down correctly

·
Registered
4 Posts
Quite tricky to pull this off I think, good luck. But it does look amazing...worth seeing if you can find someone locally who can do a decent job

·
Registered
99 Posts
i have been hunting around for a clear matte finish vinyl that i could use to make some "ghosted" fender stripes. No one that i contacted had anything like that. I am still interested in doing this though if anyone has any ideas on where to get a satin/matte/flat clear vinyl.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts