Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just curious if anyone has replaced the mufflers with glass pack without deleting the resonators and mid muffler.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well since no one has done that, have anyone used any other kind of muffler without deleting any of the resonators.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Glass packs will sound bad trust me I've played around with cheep exhaust setups for the car. I recommend saving the 500 plus bucks and get the solo performance v6 axle backs, you will save a tone in the long run.

·
Rayvan
701 Posts
Anyone who's ever run Magnaflows has glasspacks. They just "pretty" them up, so they don't look like glasspacks.

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
The resonators are mini glass packs. Perforated core, no restriction.
Glass packs in place of the rear mufflers will be just a bit quieter than
a solo axle back. You may also get drone. You can always try. Just don't cut up the stock mufflers so you you can always go back.

·
Ins-Z-G8-toR
3,310 Posts
Go magnaflow super 40s/44s if you're keeping the stock stuff. Sound good- ran them before I built the G8. I have bullets right now, and LOVE them. Get a lot of thumbs up and praises from people. Yet again my setup might be different than yours.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I'm running stock exhaust up to the point of the mufflers. The stock axleback mufflers where switched to Series 4400 Flow Masters with Magna Flow tips.......sounds really nice. A deep mellow sound while parked and on acceleration. A little drone but not bad at all.

·
OGOC Member
136 Posts
I am currently sitting with stock exhaust. Solo axle backs with J Pipe. How the car should of sounded out of the factory

1 - 9 of 9 Posts