Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys and gals,

So after taking months to finish my engine swap, I can't for the life of me find the plastic fasteners I had in a bag for the front bumper and plastic wheel wells. Does anyone have any information as to what aftermarket parts would cross over to these? GMpartsdirect wants $4.17 a piece for the first part number listed. Crazy money imo.

·
Premium Member
4,197 Posts
I see those 11589015 bolts seem fair priced for about 1/2 buck each. Those retainers 92138627 are used all over the place (but as you say) priced as thou they were gold plated. I'm sure if you removed one of those still in place an got all the measurements from it, you could easily match it to one of those available from the Fastenal corporation. Yes, you would have to buy them in the box of 25 or 50 count, but looking at one that could be correct, a box of 25 only costs about $11.50. If you need several, that's the way to go. Once on there web page, just type in *retainers* an have some fun. They display the measurements of each one available.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have no problem buying the other one, it's the other ones that are crazy priced. I'll have to find another one on the body and try to match it to something aftermarket.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,197 Posts
^^^^^^ Those look exactly like the ones I was looking at (at) that source in my previous post. Now *that* is a real bargain for a 40 count.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I can confirm that these will work. I replaced my old beat to hell front fender liners and the clips worked great.

Photographic evidence:
Old on the left, new on the right.

Old on the top, new on the bottom.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow, that's awesome, thank you! I was actually at a swap meet yesterday, and there was a guy there selling just fasteners and hardware. I thought he was the unsung hero of the swap meet. He was selling the fasteners I needed at 3 for $1. I'll probably order those just for spares, it's cheap enough. Thank you again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts