Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know where I can find 1 of these seat trim panels? Unfortunately mine just broke and of course they were so junky GM has discontinued the part. This is my last chance to find 1 before I either zip tie or screw the panel. I think it is too broken to use the GM repair kit.

· Registered
367 Posts
Does anybody know where I can find 1 of these seat trim panels? Unfortunately mine just broke and of course they were so junky GM has discontinued the part. This is my last chance to find 1 before I either zip tie or screw the panel. I think it is too broken to use the GM repair kit.
They weren't ever junky to be discontinued. The trims are the same as on any car supplied by the same trim manufacturers across dozens of brands. They are discontinued because that's pretty much the first thing discontinued on any car. and they only break when someone who has no idea what they are doing breaks them.

Have a dig through this Oz website. They stock a lot of new obsolete items

Chosse the three sausages at the top left then click on VE Commodore VE and Commodore Chev Pontiac GTO or just click shop by category depending what ebay page you get.

I should point out these guys have almost doubled their prices in the past month showing what the lack of new parts for VE/G8 is doing.

Holden dealers are clearing their stocks. Its like a Commodore never existed.

· Premium Member
10,492 Posts

· Registered
367 Posts
Currently, the store has eight Pontiac G8 parts listed. None of which are the seat trim. However, they do have a gas cap, mufflers, brake booster, seat frame track, ash tray insert, rear parking sensor kit, and steering wheel control switches.
Yeah . They also have VE Commodore Accessories that show a lot more.

This mob changes their stock all the time as they buy more stuff that Holden releases from their stocks.

But they never have what you want ha ha.

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the info. It is appreciated. I should have just said that the panel is known for breaking do to it's design rather than calling it junk. I had just finished reading multiple post by owners who have the plastic lug on these break multiple times. My panel just broke I wasn't working on it or anything in that area. I believe it broke from just normal entry and exit sitting in the seat. It appears if you put any pressure on the seat bolster it stresses the panel do to it's design. This is probably why the repair kit was designed by GM. It is a little frustrating that most all parts for our seats except this one appear to be available. I am just happy to have a forum like this where members share their knowledge.
Thanks again.
They weren't ever junky to be discontinued. The trims are the same as on any car supplied by the same trim manufacturers across dozens of brands. They are discontinued because that's pretty much the first thing discontinued on any car. and they only break when someone who has no idea what they are doing breaks them.

Have a dig through this Oz website. They stock a lot of new obsolete items

Chosse the three sausages at the top left then click on VE Commodore VE and Commodore Chev Pontiac GTO or just click shop by category depending what ebay page you get.

I should point out these guys have almost doubled their prices in the past month showing what the lack of new parts for VE/G8 is doing.

Holden dealers are clearing their stocks. Its like a Commodore never existed.

· Registered
2009 GT, Black
1,407 Posts

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just use a black zip tie. Make sure you wrap it all the way around the seat bar. If you wrap it thru the rectangular hole the sharp edges will break it. Just another part GM discontinued knowing there was a demand for them.

· Registered
2009 GT, Black
1,407 Posts
Too late. Passenger side is on its way from AU.

· Premium Member
10,492 Posts

· Registered
2009 GT, Black
1,407 Posts
Isn't this the GM fix kit but with cable ties?

I may have tried this earlier but, I am committed now.

Thanks anyway..

· Premium Member
10,492 Posts
Part number for the trim panel repair kit for the driver's side is 92252188.

· Registered
2009 GT, Black
1,407 Posts
It was just over 110AUS, so what? $80 US. I’ll get into my AMX bill and send you the US number later. It was cheaper than buying it in the US.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts