Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,117 Posts
I like it better than a catch can. Big deal you make some new lines. It separates the oil and it goes right back into the engine. Plastic, SO, our intake manifold is.

·
Proud owner
1,196 Posts
Sweet! Looks like a much better way of doing it.

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Since the GM catch can ties into the fresh air breather going to the air box and not to the valley pan to intake hose port I don't really see it working better than a catch can though. The intake is still going to draw oil from the valley pan.

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Correct, here is the official description of the breather from GM.

The Camaro equipped with the 1LE option comes with a PCV oil separator kit with instructions. The kit is in the trunk pack and should be given to the customer during the delivery process.

The PCV oil separator kit has been designed for off road use where temperatures are above 32 degrees Fahrenheit. This part was not developed for winter driving conditions, so it will need to be removed and replaced by the production PCV, if operating in those conditions.

Some race track conditions can cause engine oil to be ingested into the air cleaner thru the fresh air tube that connects the port located within the right valve cover to the air cleaner. This oil separator kit will improve that condition.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Ohhh, do not use below 32deg F.
Not for me. I have a BMW X5 and although have not had it happen, when their oil seperators fail on either 6 or 8 cyl. engines due to frozen condensate, it is very bad news. Crankcase pressure blows out a lot of things!
Bill

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.