Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a 2009 G8 GT with 8307 miles from a dealer. The car is a CPO vehicle.

Had some questions for anyone familiar with the process.

Looking at the checklist I can't figure out if an Oil Change is automatically supposed to be done on any vehicle getting certified? I called the service desk and they have no record of any oil change being done on this vehicle.

Another question is on the checklist there is a check for removing all foreign odors.... The car smells like a damn motel 6 from the previous owner smoking in it and it was not removed via an Ozone generator or other methods before sale.

My question is, should I be talking with a service manager about the above or just let it go and take care of it on my own.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.

I don't want their dino oil in the car so I plan on changing it my self anyway, just concerned that these 2 things weren't done on the checklist... wondering what else was not done/checked before they threw the certified tag on it.

The car was not traded in until after the Airbag recall was issued and it was not done in the time they had it... figured that would be something they would have done at the very least.

It also has the harmonic hum/vibration at highway speed that there is a TSB on... If they would have driven the car at those speeds during their certification it would have been quite noticeable.

Will have to speak with the service manager.

·
Red Sox Nation !!!
2,665 Posts
I would speak with him/her. Especially if a open recall was not performed. Ask to see a copy of the check list. If your still not happy, ask them to do a quick walk around of the car and use the checklist. Mine was also a CPO.

·
Registered
444 Posts
When we bought ours, not only did they do an oil change when they got the vehicle they did another one while we were signing the papers to buy it just for added peace of mind. We also had a list of what was done to the vehicle, new filters, two tires and alignment which they didn't didn't the control arm bolts but re-tightened them. I had to have it re-aligned so I had a lifetime done to it at my job.

·
Registered
6 Posts
If you truely purchased a CPO vehicle you should have received an extra 12,000 mile or 12-month bumper to bumper warranty on top of any remaining original factory warranty. I would take the car back and get all of the issues rectified to yuor satisfaction. If the dealer you purchased it from doesn't satisfy you, take it to another GM dealership for any warranty items. Hind site is great but you should have addressed teh smell issue while you were looking at or negotiating the vehicle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
wingnut24fan
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing