Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My GT randomly gets the loud lifter tick on cold starts and thinking it's time to have it looked at while the warranty still exists on the car. Does anyone know of any dealers in the Camden County NJ area that are better to deal with on warranty issues with our cars? I bought the car from Elkins Chevy in Marlton and have had them take care of some smaller problems, but not sure how they'll handle bigger things like lifter replacement.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Good question...I bought my G8 from Burns on rt 70 and had them do some recall work years ago. I know another member may have brought his car to Kerbeck on 73 in Palmyra. I think your best bet would be Holman Cadillac on 73 in Mt. Laurel just because they still service CTS-V's. However, ultimately I don't have the best answer to your question.

·
Registered
190 Posts
My friend used to work at Elkins and he told me alot of the techs are pretty good with g8's, i also put my Trailblazer SS there and the staff is very courteous.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was thinking Burns to since they were a Pontiac dealership. However I may still try Elkins Chevy. They have always been great getting everything else done and they do sell and work on vehicles with the same engine.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
219 Posts
Any update on who went with what dealer and the outcomes?

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have had success with Erik V. at Burns Pontiac/GMC for factory service. No major mods to my car other than CAI and tune. Tell him the guy with the White GXP sent you, I am in there every month for an oil change.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I'd be interested to hear how it goes when you take your car there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts