Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I have posted a couple of times asking about sizes and if they will fit. I have gotten NO definite answers. WHY? These are popular size wheels. I am looking at F 19x8.5 +33 245/45 tires, R 19x9.5 +53 275/40 tires. The alternative in 20" wheels is F 20x9 +35 255/50 tires, R 20x10 +38 275/45 tires. I still have stock suspension but have already purchased Koni yellow adjustable shocks and Eibach springs, their least drop. I plan to put on adjusting sleeves on rear shocks to level the car. I don't want to have to roll the fenders if I don't have to. Would like to have something that will bolt right up. My car is a 2008 G8 GT. Can someone please give me a definite answer if either of these will fit or not. Just saying that you have same sizes doesn't tell me that you have the same offsets. I need to know before I spend the money. Thanks.

Attachments

·
F1rehawk
756 Posts

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
19" option should fit fine. 20" option will require fender rolling, or potentially fender pull to work.

Also, that 275mm wide tire on a 10" wide wheel is a little narrow.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I get what you are all saying about the link a couple of you shared. I have read the damn thing 100 times or more. But for someone that does not work on these every day, it's hard to know what you're getting into going with something other than stock. I am a disabled veteran and I have a spinal cord injury, that is why I want to keep the car ride as comfortable as possible and not slam it on the ground. That is also why I have to rely on some help with making sure I get something that fits right the first time, too. I cannot just buy stuff and hope it fits, my budget doesn't allow that. It took me 2 years to finally get this car. As you all know, we are limited in the number of wheels that are a direct replacement for these cars and I am trying to get a set that I like in the sizes that are available that will fit. Not as easy as some on here are making it out to be, and some companies are not much help when you aren't asking for a same size replacement wheel and tire.
If I go with the 19" set previously mentioned, knowing I am changing the shocks and springs and not looking for much drop, do you think I will be okay and not have any rubbing problems with the 33 front and 53 rear offsets? I really like these wheels out of all the ones I have managed to find. Do I have the tallest profile tires I can run without rubbing? Keep in mind, I want comfort, not a track car. Thanks for the help. Sorry to be repeating the beating of this horse but I am sure others know what I am going thru if you have been thru this. Again, thanks for those who have sent helpful info.
Nick

·
Registered
76 Posts
I get what you are all saying about the link a couple of you shared. I have read the damn thing 100 times or more. But for someone that does not work on these every day, it's hard to know what you're getting into going with something other than stock. I am a disabled veteran and I have a spinal cord injury, that is why I want to keep the car ride as comfortable as possible and not slam it on the ground. That is also why I have to rely on some help with making sure I get something that fits right the first time, too. I cannot just buy stuff and hope it fits, my budget doesn't allow that. It took me 2 years to finally get this car. As you all know, we are limited in the number of wheels that are a direct replacement for these cars and I am trying to get a set that I like in the sizes that are available that will fit. Not as easy as some on here are making it out to be, and some companies are not much help when you aren't asking for a same size replacement wheel and tire.
If I go with the 19" set previously mentioned, knowing I am changing the shocks and springs and not looking for much drop, do you think I will be okay and not have any rubbing problems with the 33 front and 53 rear offsets? I really like these wheels out of all the ones I have managed to find. Do I have the tallest profile tires I can run without rubbing? Keep in mind, I want comfort, not a track car. Thanks for the help. Sorry to be repeating the beating of this horse but I am sure others know what I am going thru if you have been thru this. Again, thanks for those who have sent helpful info.
Nick
The rear looks like it would fit, the front is off a bit, so maybe a spacer is needed? The problem starts when you lower the car because you just made the wheel well clearances tighter by doing so.

As for comfort, I honestly doubt that 5 extra side wall will make up for lowering the car + large rims. Your ride will still be harsher than stock 18`. I mean this looks like a car equivalent of going to McDonald's getting the highest caloric food you can, then getting a diet coke thinking that somehow it'll 'balance' out.

Honestly for comfort's sake I'd recommend replacing bushings with new rubber stuff, and maybe raising the height or keeping stock height, you definitely want softer springs. For comfort you really want to do everything opposite of sport.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As far as the lowering part, I am only going with the minimum I could find with a good set of springs(Eibach) because mine are feeling a little worn out. The comfort part is why I chose the Koni adjustable shocks so I could maintain some semblance of comfort. I am not looking to turn it into a plush Cadillac ride but I also don't want it to feel like a go kart. If I understand what you said (Carnagexz) about the front, if I add a spacer, it takes me in the wrong direction and decreases the offset. If anything, looking at the sites that show offsets and size comparisons, I could go with more offset in the front. Only problem is that the wheel I want is not available with a 35 offset. Thanks for the replies. I have got to get something done soon. I am trying to go by the lists of others who have listed what fits on their cars. Hoping I don't need to roll any fenders. Any other feedback is still welcomed.

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Nick
Please read my reply, #5 in this thread.

If you took a look at that wheel/tire thread you'll see I'm all over it. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts