Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking at an 09 PSM with 30k on it for $24191 as the lowest they will go. Has sport and premium packages + roof.

The only issue i see is that they wont budge on my trade an theyre putting me aroun $3k upside down on it, final amount financed will be right around $28k after ttl.

In all honesty im not sure i would get more than $1k more than what theyre offering tho.

Would you take the deal, or would you walk and see what else there is?

Shawn

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
I paid 24K for my 09 GT with sport/prem/roof with 23,9xx miles. But was from a private seller.
Sounds about right (for a dealer) IF that's the one you want.
It took me about 2 months up find mine. Patience was key.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
455 Posts
Go in there tell them you would give them 24k everything included. If they say no. Walk. What dealer are you going to? I know there is a Black one by Gay in Dickinson and A Black one in League City by Clear Lake Nissan.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just paid 24,600 for mine it had $22,000 premimum package with roof and 20" aftermarket rims. I think that you are right in there. I actually do auto loans for a living and so i would say go to nada.com and book the vehicle out. If you can get them to sell it to you for clean trade value or really close it is a decent deal. Thats my opinion.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Let me add to my above post. There are a couple of sides to the deal. You can get a steal and then get robbed on your trade in. Do the same for the vehicle that you are trading. Go to nada.com and if you can get anything close to average trade in then it is good. If you are trading your car for the rough trade or below you are probably getting ripped off on your trade in.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im within $200 on the trade, and im $3k under on the g8. They show that G8 being worth $27300

·
Registered
27 Posts
within 200 on the trade of what value? average trade? also 3k under on the g8? 3k under what the retail value? Dont look at the retail value look at the clean trade value for the g8. You want to be as close to there as you can possibly get.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm within $200 of average trade on my car, and within $400 of clean trade on the g8. Story, I looked at clean retail for the g8 first.

·
Premium Member
4,599 Posts
Keep in mind Pacific Slate is the rarest color.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I tried to start a new thread but it said that I didn't have permission too. SO hoping for some feedback here. I'm in the market for a G8 GT. Specifically a 2009. I know I've seen it somewhere but can't remember where, but I'm trying to figure out what is included in the Sport and Premium packages so I know what I'm getting as I shop. Can anyone direct me or even just list. Sorry for hijacking your thread, didn't know what else I should do. Thanks! (Hoping to have one by next month!)

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
I bought mine in Feb of 2011 it's a PSM with Premium Package..no roof or sport. Car had just over 34,000 miles. 1 owner clean car fax and I paid $21,900 plus TTL. I don't regret the purchase at all, I still love the car...quirks and all.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
7 Participants
Supercharged
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing