Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys and Gals,

I am going Mopar Guys! I love my G8 and will always enjoy the time I have had with it and its by far my favorite car to date but I have decided it time to move on. I will be getting a 2013 Charger R/T AWD if all goes as planned on Friday. I am getting the deal of a lifetime on it and if you combine that with the fact I need brakes, and tires on my G8 before winter timing definitely plays into it. Its a combination of allot of things. Since its my strict DD I will enjoy driving through he winter in AWD and will enjoy ripping down the drag strip with 3.06 gears and 370 HP / 395 ft. lbs of torque. Its sad for sure but there is allot of upside financially as well as performance wise.....

I will have parting prizes for those who are interested. I will be posting them in the classified section in a week or two if I dont get any prior PMs about them. I have My Intake Tube available as well as my GForce Performance Chip. I have my stock mufflers as well but I imagine a scrap yard will be better suited for those.

If the deal goes through I will always pop my head in. This is where my love for drag racing and modding originated so thanks to all of you for that.
-Matt

·
Proud owner
1,196 Posts
Dang, hate to see you go like that. I'm sure you'll enjoy the extra power and winter grip. Shame you couldn't hold out for the new 8 speed auto.

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
will enjoy ripping down the drag strip with 3.06 gears and 370 HP / 395 ft. lbs of torque
I wouldnt say "ripping" down the drag strip, but compared to the V6 I see your point.

BOOOO for mopar but I know you will love the torque that the V8 provides plus it sounds like you have quite a need for AWD in your area.

Hope your deal works out, best of luck.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wouldnt say "ripping" down the drag strip, but compared to the V6 I see your point.

BOOOO for mopar but I know you will love the torque that the V8 provides plus it sounds like you have quite a need for AWD in your area.

Hope your deal works out, best of luck.
I suppose your right : ) But going from 15's to 13's is going to be nice. Respectable I suppose but still gonna get smoked by the turbo diesel trucks and most G8's.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Welcome to the dark side!:pir_flag:
I've had my Charger for just about a year without any issues. Hope that you enjoy!

·
Super Moderator
4,904 Posts
Those new chargers are pretty nice on the inside. It will be an all around step up from the V6 G8 although Im still pro G8 GT over chargers. Congrats and remember to post up some pics of the new ride when you get it.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Very good move IMO. No offense to the V6 owners out there, but its just not the same as a V8 car, great that a V6 G8 has RWD and decent suspension/handling/size but its not really a true "performance" car w/ the 5 speed tranny and basically limited mod support.

I think the AWD Charger R/T MAY be the best bang for the buck out there performance/size/practicality/durability/power etc. in a very competively priced package. Don't they have some sort of AFM on the new Chargers too?

Post pics in/out and what color?

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
Matt
Sorry that we didn't get hooked up at the track, good luck on the purchase and stop by from time to time. Depending on what GM does with the SS , it will be that or some other members STRYKER BLUE GT that has been massaged the right way.
Rob..

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Nice choice going with the charger. The interior is awesome!

·
G8er since 10/31/08!
188 Posts
No complaints here. I loved the Hemi in my '04 so I'm sure you'll be happy with more power and lower weight than my truck had!

·
Fuel Low
493 Posts
I don't have brand loyalty so I don't have any hate for MOPAR, I just love the G8. I can't think of a better choice for the money than your Charger considering you're coming from a V6 G8.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Very good move IMO. No offense to the V6 owners out there, but its just not the same as a V8 car, great that a V6 G8 has RWD and decent suspension/handling/size but its not really a true "performance" car w/ the 5 speed tranny and basically limited mod support.

I think the AWD Charger R/T MAY be the best bang for the buck out there performance/size/practicality/durability/power etc. in a very competively priced package. Don't they have some sort of AFM on the new Chargers too?

Post pics in/out and what color?
Yeah its got a 4 banger mode similar to the G8 V8. Whats nice about the AWD system is its RWD unless conditions exist to go to AWD. If its less than 38 out side or it senses rain or in auto stick mode its in AWD other wise its a RWD car unless traction is broken. Helps keep mpgs reasonable. Should be a beast in the snow.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Yeah its got a 4 banger mode similar to the G8 V8. Whats nice about the AWD system is its RWD unless conditions exist to go to AWD. If its less than 38 out side or it senses rain or in auto stick mode its in AWD other wise its a RWD car unless traction is broken. Helps keep mpgs reasonable. Should be a beast in the snow.
wow that's interesting about the AWD system, I didn't know that. As another poster mentioned I too am partial to the STi (not the evo) or even an S4 for winter AWD car, but the V8 power, price, and size of the charger is hard to ignore.

If you've driven an STi w/ snow tires in a new england blizzard (which my friend allowed me to do lol) you would fall in love w/ the subie too. 2 very different animals though, probably get similar MPG's I imagine

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well. I took delivery on my Charger tonight. It was tough saying goodbye to my G8. Seeing it with it's plates taken off and the car seats removed was tougher than I thought it would be

But when I got into my HEMI powered Charger it stung a little less. Overall the Charger R/T AWD is a great package. It comes with a ton standard and the tech stuff is so nice. Then there is that down shift and the feeling of pure V8 power I have never experienced before that made the sting go away a bit more. That 150 extra ft lbs of torque is truly amazing. Really throws you into your seat. A whole lot more than I was expecting. Very Awesome.

The biggest difference is the ride. The charger has a much bigger car feel and has more body lean in corners. It's not the go cart the G8 is but the comfort and interior is amazing. So far I am loving the upgrade. Will always miss the G8 but I don't regret leaving it.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Pics?

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
MUSCLE Biotch!
1,036 Posts
Does it have AFM? We had AFM in our HEMI Durango and you could feel it kicking in moreso than on the G8.

·
Sarcasm Personified
3,900 Posts
Congrats on the purchase can't wait to see pics. Definitely is a sad thing to do seeing your car with the plates taken off, I still remember that day.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Got Some Pics Finally

Attachments

1 - 20 of 33 Posts