Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plastidip'd my wheels last night. I'll be mounting them on the car today and snap some more pics at that time. Here's some in progress shots.
4 Coats black:

3 Coats gold metalizer

Close up

Over spray peeled:

·
Premium Member
4,210 Posts
So the black is plastidip and the gold is a spray on metallic paint? Looks pretty good, reminds me of the Subaru wheels that I see around my parts. Looking forward to pics!

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Very nice. Looking forward to the on car pics.

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So the black is plastidip and the gold is a spray on metallic paint? Looks pretty good, reminds me of the Subaru wheels that I see around my parts. Looking forward to pics!
The gold is also a plastidip product. It's made to go over the black to give you the gold finish. It peels off just like regular ol black plastidip.

·
Registered
50 Posts
theres a youtube video on this thats actually pretty cool. they have 3 metalizers you can spray over the base coats, silver bronze and gold. check it out.

·
09 LR G8 GXP 6M (#1420)
645 Posts
Looks way better than I would've imagined!
Last week I plastidipped my CTS-Vs black, with two coats of glossifier on top. Happy with the results.

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did some test fitting. Trying to figure out exactly where I'm rubbing.

No spring/strut

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
wow, looks good.. when I first read the title I thought WTF?? but it really looks
good....

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
When I first saw them I was all "yuck", now I'm all "hmmmmm". Nice look.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I almost did this exact same thing with my camaro 20"s yesterday, im for sure gonna go get the stuff and do it now it looks great.

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys. I went with dipyourcarDOTcom wheel kit. Comes with 4 cans of black and 3 cans gold.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My son uses the plastidip all the time with good results. He has done wheels grille and emblems on several different vehicles.

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Yep, that just happened..
5,024 Posts
Didn't think I'd like it but looks good!

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My insperation. A guy can dream right?

I need to redo the hood. I couldn't get it to lay out quite right.....

1 - 20 of 36 Posts