Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Pontiac/G8/COURTICE/Ontario/5_11492196_20110513113102771/

keep in mind that Im in Toronto, and 30k km is like 18,000 miles. Moonroof, prem. pkg, never winter driven. also, could someone please look up this VIN # (6G2EC57YX9L181634)for me because from what i recall from reading on this forum, apparently only the 2009.5 came with the bluetooth built in? or is there any other way i can tell. Lastly, if everything checks out, what do you think would be a good deal on this car? I plan to finance, so i wont be a cash deal, however i plan to put down $5000. I plan on going to see this car tomorrow evening so please respond. thanks in advance G8 board members...

edit, I just looked at the retail value for this EXACT same car with the EXACT options and they suggest a retail value of $26,300 so the dealer is already overpricing the car. I also looked at the Trade-In value for this car, and low value is $21,445 and high value is $23,360. These values are from canadian websites aswell. I will be showing this thread to the dealer to use as a reference from what experienced G8 owners have to say about the car they are selling. I also printed the pages from the websites where i got the quotes, so i wont be walking in there not knowing what I'm talking about.

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
The 2009.5 have a pull out cup holder ib the back seats.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
That particular one is a 2009. If the first of the last six digits of the vin is 3 or higher it's a 2009.5.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Sorry, left out that it was the first of the last six.. I'm not doing such a great job posting from a phone, lol. Looks a lot cleaner than the last one that's for sure. How ever, they need to come down on that price.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea, the price is ridiculous considering retail should be $26,300...on the high side. lets just say for instance, the offered the previous owner the high value of the trade in which is $23,360, when they SHOULD be selling it for a retail value of $26,300, they would still make a pretty decent profit of $2,940 on a car they've ALREADY made a profit from initially, when it was new, compared to the $5,638 between their asking price and the high value for the trade in...I think $24,000-$25,000 (plus taxes and loan interest over 5 or 6 years) would be a solid offer, that they shouldnt turn down if i bring in all my proof, including this thread and show it to the used car manager..what you guys think?

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
If you could get it for $24,000 plus taxes you would get a really good deal. If is in good shape, $25,000 would be good as well. The problem is, I don't know how willing they will be to come all that way down from $28,900. That's quite a price gap, my guess is they might try to atleast get about $26,000. For $28,900 though, I bought mine a year and a half ago with half the miles for less than that.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
If the dealer is decent enough, shouldnt he take all my proof and see that I've done my homework on the car and based on my evidence, start the negotiations at $26,300 and not $28,998 because he is really asking alot over retail value. based on $26,300. I'd be happy to make a deal in between $24,000 and $25,000. I wont pay a penny more than $25,000 before taxes.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
All dealers are different, some are willing to negotiate, some aren't as much. Some will start high and hold for awhile till no one shows interest and then they start to lower the price. This happens when they think the car they have is worth more than it really is. If I were you, just have them pull up the retail value and show them they are asking way too much. Let them know you have extensively researched the car and what is a fair price for it. After they see the $26,300 retail you researched ask them if they are willing to negotiate from there. If they say no, walk out. If they say yes, you hopefully will get the deal you are looking for. Can't hurt to try, at worst you go find another.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
4 Participants
99SSragtop
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing