Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
future G8 owner
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'09 GT, MSM, premium, sunroof, non-sport, 17,000 miles, spotless. $25.9k. dealer said he'd drop price only $200. so $25.7k. good or bad deal?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Sounds about right!

·
future G8 owner
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
going to check it out saturday, also checking out another MSM, premium, non-sport, sunroof, 32k miles, aftermarket TSW wheels & tinted windows, it's been de-badged already too (don't know if that's necessarily a good or bad thing?). So, hopefully this weekend I finally become a G8 owner.

·
The Roaming G8
390 Posts
Yea, I was thinking around 22 ish. Maybe 23k.

·
Registered
497 Posts
The natural tendency for us enthusiasts on this forum is to overvalue our cars in hopes they maintain higher value.

These cars were being blown out for $26K brand new 3 years ago. So no, almost $26K for a three year old car with 17,000 is not a good deal at all.

Patience is key. Keep looking and you'll land a much better deal than that.

·
Registered
922 Posts
i got mine a year ago for 23.5 with 14k miles

·
Registered
364 Posts
It's only money!!!!:judge: Buy it! I bought mine for 23K with 29,000 miles on her! Definitely worth the money!

·
Registered
319 Posts
I say go for it!

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
I bought mine this summer for 2k less but had twice as many miles and with sport pack. I've always felt that buying from a private party has its advantages in flexibility of price and no tax/fees tagged on. After your estimated fees what is the real price you are paying out the door? IMO you may already be on the high side ... But WTH ... If its "the one" then go for it!

·
Northeast G8 Owners Club
290 Posts
These cars also bring higher prices in the spring... If they come out with the SS, that will affect the resale of the G8 also.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I just traded mine in on a CTS-V...it's a 09 PSM with the Premium/Sport package. Got $18.5 for it, perfect condition with 50k miles. I'm guessing the dealer will try to sell it for $20k.

·
Registered
165 Posts
going to check it out saturday, also checking out another MSM, premium, non-sport, sunroof, 32k miles, aftermarket TSW wheels & tinted windows, it's been de-badged already too (don't know if that's necessarily a good or bad thing?). So, hopefully this weekend I finally become a G8 owner.

Owning a G8 is like being in the French foreign legion once your in, your one for life. Good luck in your buying adventures, when the right one comes along you will know it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
15 Participants
BTWS6
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing