Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So at the end of this month Rick Crawford should be free to do my tune. Which I'm really excited for since I have been waiting 7 months for this! Now, after my tune I want to get the car dyno'd to see what I have with my mods. Can anyone around the Fayetteville area recommend a good dyno place for me? I know there is competition auto in Spring Lake, but heard bad things about them. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
So at the end of this month Rick Crawford should be free to do my tune. Which I'm really excited for since I have been waiting 7 months for this! Now, after my tune I want to get the car dyno'd to see what I have with my mods. Can anyone around the Fayetteville area recommend a good dyno place for me? I know there is competition auto in Spring Lake, but heard bad things about them. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Ask Rick about spec ops dyno. I may be interested in getting back on the dyno now that things are settled in

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ask Rick about spec ops dyno. I may be interested in getting back on the dyno now that things are settled in

I'll have to do that Troy. Hopefully I'll have my tune done on the 27-28. I should be doing the dyno shortly after. If you would want to go together to spec ops or wherever to do a few pulls that'd be cool. Would like to meet you, and check out the G. Might make me wanna get a cam haha.

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
I am going out of town for the weekend to a wedding. But I'm thinking out going to the drag strip the following Friday, may 3, for freaky Friday racing. I've got a score to settle with an Audi s4...

you could make some passes and see how the dyno numbers match to the track times

Rick is an awesome tuner! Very thorough and meticulous...

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmm, I might be down at the airport that day working on a few planes. Let me know if you go down. I may make a pass or two. Never been to the strip before.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I'm going to spec ops pretty soon... It has a brand new all wheel mustang dyno and the people are pretty cool I've heard.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm going to spec ops pretty soon... It has a brand new all wheel mustang dyno and the people are pretty cool I've heard.
Blue,

Yeah I hop to be going there soon too. Need to call and get pricing and Dyno availability. When are you planning on making some pulls?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Blue,

Yeah I hop to be going there soon too. Need to call and get pricing and Dyno availability. When are you planning on making some pulls?

Not really sure when... I plan on making it the east coast shootout this weekend. So probably in two weeks are so I'll try in go.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Dyno Day at spec ops on 5/11/13 @10:30... It $50 for 3 pulls.

·
Registered
97 Posts
damnit! Mothers day weekend supposed to be going out of town....
Yeah I figured a lot of people would be out of town, but thought I would pass it along. I have a guy at work with a stock GTR that's going and I'm going to show him up with the G8.

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
im think yours is around 580+ now? What are you hoping for?

I want to dyno again too, made 430/413 the first go round right after rick did everything, but Im thinking since then the tune has settled and running strong, plus I want to put my track exhaust on! first dyno was through stock mid section...Id love to see 450

I wish we could all get together and go out there on day. Me, you, dustin, doug...

·
Registered
97 Posts

I want to dyno again too, made 430/413 the first go round right after rick did everything, but Im thinking since then the tune has settled and running strong, plus I want to put my track exhaust on! first dyno was through stock mid section...Id love to see 450

I wish we could all get together and go out there on day. Me, you, dustin, doug...
Yeah that would be awesome... I'm thinking I'm around 580rwhp too, but I'd be happy with at least 550. I need to port everything still and do a couple more little things to her.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I regestered for the dyno day last night. I have no idea what she is going to put down, but I am hoping for 350 at the wheels.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts

I would love to do this but can't until May 24/25 or after...school and such.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Anyone heading out to spec ops today?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Well it was good meeting you Chris... My car ran into to some issue, but it put down 503rwhp and 659rwtq at 5800 rpm.... The tune needed a little magic from Rick that showed up right before I left, but I didn't have time to get back on the dyno. I'll take it back and see what she really has someday. I'll post a video and a picture in a few.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Nice number Brian. Wish I could of stayed longer, but I had this project due for Stats class. I'm uploading my pics/vids right now. Will have a thread to follow. Anyone put down bigger numbers than you?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Nice number Brian. Wish I could of stayed longer, but I had this project due for Stats class. I'm uploading my pics/vids right now. Will have a thread to follow. Anyone put down bigger numbers than you?
No one was even close when I left, but my car was shifting into 5th at 5800 rpm and my 4th gear should have went to 6400, so Rick fixed that and also it was running pretty rich.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts