Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a good exhaust shop around the suburbs of Chicago, IL? I need a 3 inch diameter, 90 degree bend, 304 stainless steel preferably mandrel bent pipe and everywhere I've called doesn't have them. Even JC Whitney doesn't...I'm at a loss! Anybody have any good ideas?

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Several good companys online that sell those. Go to the Hookermax flow threads and several are listed. Summit has them also.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
If you want a local shop give Exhaust Works a call. I take my car to the Montgomery location, good guys over there.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I also need a good exhaust shop to tig weld everything together and exhaust works in Montgomery can't do that...I need a good shop!

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
I also need a good exhaust shop to tig weld everything together and exhaust works in Montgomery can't do that...I need a good shop!
What are you having done to your exhaust that would require tig welding?
Good luck on your search I guess.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well I've got 304 stainless so I need everything tig welded..didju have stainless done at exhaust works? How's it look? Thanks for the feedback!

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
well I've got 304 stainless so I need everything tig welded..didju have stainless done at exhaust works? How's it look? Thanks for the feedback!
My x pipe I got off ebay was stainless and I specifically requested for them to use stainless piping when they installed it, which they did.
On the tig welding, unless you're doing a manifold or a turbo downpipe I really dont see how that would effect flow or quality. I have no leaks for over a year.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Any other recommendations for shops, more specifically in the south suburbs (Oak Lawn area?) Just trying to get my x pipe installed in place of the mid muffler and the local mom and pop shop is quoting me 290 dollars because of how much work is involved

·
Cars are my hobby...
1,610 Posts
You might want to post this in the regional section. Unless you want advice from those outside your state too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts