Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Infantry Sniper
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been washing my car by hand a lot lately and I am getting tired of it to be perfectly honest. I want to cut the time by more than half and use a good pressure washer. And I don't want to go to a carwash.

We have to park our cars in a new spot at work. It used to be a nice cement area, but now we are forced to park in a gravel makeshift parking lot. And as you can imagine my car gets very dusty/dirty from people driving in and out of the gravel parking lot. So I am getting tired of washing it 3 times a week by hand. I would try to only do it once a week but as stupid as it sounds, I feel dirty when I drive my car and it is dirty.

I read that some pressure washers have built-in soap dispensers. But I read most devices will drop the internal pumping pressure as they dispense the soap so a lot of people recommend a foam cannon. Has anyone ever used one of these?

Also, my house does not have a water softener. Is it true that if you have a water softener and wash your car that you don't even need to dry it afterwords? You just park it in the garage and let it dry itself?

I was debating on just getting a car cover so I could just put that on my car when I get to work and take it back off when I leave but I don't know if the walmart ones are any good.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Something to look into is waterless wash. Basically if the car is just dusty you can spray and wipe the waterless wash every few days (or daily). If it rains I would recommend washing it of course or if you do extra driving.

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-439-adams-waterless-car-wash-collection.aspx

That could be good start

As for not having soft water...

Soft water is going to help cleaning as well as help you use less soap and is easier to dry. However it will not really make for a spot free with no dry. Obviously you will not get hard water spots when using soft water (you may not either way....some city water is rather soft already)

Personally when I wash my car if it isn't terribly dirty I spend more time drying it then anything. If the car isn't bad I feel as if washing and rinsing will only take a few minutes less with a PW.

Maybe invest in something like this or a leaf blower to help cut down time if you have not already

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-471-adams-blaster-sidekick-dryer-by-metrovac.aspx

GL
Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
4,847 Posts
Foam gun or foam cannon. Ck the Adams forums.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I've been using a gas powered power washer for years. Can't say it saves me time, I just like the way it removes all the big stuff before I go at it with a sponge. My theory, the less grit on the car when you hit it with a sponge the better.

Chris

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
Power washers wont get the road film off. You still have to wash by hand.
Its good for a pre wash.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts