Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a red g8 gt with 122k miles for $11,500. To me it seems like a killer deal but maybe I am mistaken? Obviously assuming it's in decent shape. It's from a dealer and I asked for underhood shots but from what I can tell its 100% stock.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
There was one like that at a dealer up here 2 weeks ago for $12,888, disappeared and re-surfaced today, same place for $15,888.
Guess somebody made a boo-boo on the price.
If you walked in with the cash when they realized the mistake there'd be some douchey reason they couldn't sell it to you.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Look in the for sale section some is selling one for 8500 it's beat up a bit but has all the modstuff you'll spend money already. It's a gt.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Look in the for sale section some is selling one for 8500 it's beat up a bit but has all the modstuff you'll spend money already. It's a gt.
I did see that post and to be honest I'd probably rather have one with less issues. I actually am not in the market till after this winter as it would do me no good and will just sit but for the right deal it might make sense...

·
Registered
702 Posts
I'd check the carfax and if it hasn't been wrecked, I think it's a good deal. When I was looking, I wanted a bone stock one too. My thinking was it probably hasn't been beat on and raced.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Carfax is clean shows its had 3 owners which I thought was a lot? I'd actually prefer one with some mods as long as I'm buying from a enthusiast. From a dealer stock is best in my opinion.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Carfax is clean shows its had 3 owners which I thought was a lot? I'd actually prefer one with some mods as long as I'm buying from a enthusiast. From a dealer stock is best in my opinion.
I think there's a couple for sale in the fb groups that have been modded.

·
Registered
240 Posts
It's definitely not going to sit through winter at that price unless there is something seriously wrong with it. Good deal if you don't mind the mileage. I'd also call up GM and see if the lifters were ever replaced.

·
Registered
702 Posts
You should go drive it and listen to the front end and motor. It looks good and since it hadn't been wrecked, it may be a good deal. It does seem low for a stealership.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Not all dealers charge an arm and leg for these cars, some want to sell them quick so they price them accordingly. That being said, those are some cheap ass uniroyal walmart tires on there haha. It was most likely adult/senior owned, most enthusiasts wouldn't stand leaving a GT completely stock.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Another thing to consider is whether or not it comes certified for that price.
AS IS low price out the front door but could be one hell of a shock out the back door after they've poured parts into it for days on your dime to make it roadworthy.
Have to admit it does look good enough in the pics to follow up on.

·
I'd Rather Be Shifting
565 Posts
It's not going to last long, so unless you're able to jump on it now, then I wouldn't get your hopes up if you're looking to buy in the spring.

As for the tires, those aren't bad tires, actually. I cut 1.9 60' on them in my 2002 Camaro SS (they were on the car when I bought it).

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I can purchase now for the right vehicle. I just prefer to wait. I may go drive it and see if it's as good as it looks and maybe even see if they would negotiate further?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Seems like they are really eager to sell the car. If everything checked out what would you guys offer?

·
Registered
702 Posts
Seems like they are really eager to sell the car. If everything checked out what would you guys offer?
Go to cars.com and search G8's. There's a red GXP with 13,000 miles, 1 owner, and no wrecks listed for 20k. We think it's a scam, but it has several pics and written like it's legit. May be worth calling and following up on.

On the car your looking at, id offer $9,500 and expect a counter of $11,000 and settle for $10,500.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Go to cars.com and search G8's. There's a red GXP with 13,000 miles, 1 owner, and no wrecks listed for 20k. We think it's a scam, but it has several pics and written like it's legit. May be worth calling and following up on.

On the car your looking at, id offer $9,500 and expect a counter of $11,000 and settle for $10,500.
I see the red gxp, crazy deal and seems legit. Anyone tried to talk to the guy? $20k is more than I want to spend right now.

·
Registered
702 Posts
I see the red gxp, crazy deal and seems legit. Anyone tried to talk to the guy? $20k is more than I want to spend right now.
I gotcha. I thought about calling him, but I was scared it would be legit and I'd be at the bank tomorrow trying to borrow the money and buy it and sell mine. Too much of a headache for me right now and I'm happy with mine.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Someone on the other forum checked and the phone number to the $20k GXP is to a businesses fax machine.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts