Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious as to how the paint is on the Commodores compared to the Monaros for our friends down under. My GTO has tons of rock chips in the paint, as does most of the GTOs in the Oklahoma club. Is the Commodore any better as far as resisting paint chips? Or should I look into getting a clear bra?

·
Registered
196 Posts
I'm not sure about the paint, but I wouldn't take the chance either way. I will have the clear bra within a week of owning the car.

·
Mmmm... perfect!
208 Posts
Hopefully they won't have the paint issues that the GTOs did. I doubt I'll even install a clear-bra because I will be driving it daily (50 mile commute) and it'll get chips either way. Mine will not be a show car, but a fun daily driver.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Do Pontiac offer a perspex hood protector? They are popular here in oz to prevent stonechips on the leading edge of the hood. Other popular protection accessories are headlamp guards and door glass weathershields.

·
Flying at low altitude
911 Posts
Do Pontiac offer a perspex hood protector? They are popular here in oz to prevent stonechips on the leading edge of the hood. Other popular protection accessories are headlamp guards and door glass weathershields.
According to an accessory list that someone posted somewhere, they will offer the clear hood protector. Not my cup of tea, but I also hate the hood chips.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I think the hood protector actually would look worse than rock chips. I dont see anything but paved roads in TX so i wouldnt need one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
6 Participants
g8g
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing