Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Submarine Simeon
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, for several reasons, i decided to trade in my G8 for something smaller and (believe it or not) way more fuel efficient!

2008 C6 4LT Convertible

Had a great time, learned a lot, and met some great people while on this site and in the G8 community. Thanks for the memories. This will always be my first "fast car" and "project car".

And lastly...i've pretty much always wanted to say this. Tony, you are a tool! No offense, you cant help it.

Cya on the streets!

And...i had to keep the license plate frame from the G8!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Sorry to see you go Monkey Bob. Enjoy your new car it's a beauty. Take care and stop in from time to time to let us know how things are.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
BOOOOOOO...........

Just kidding.....congrats on the Vette!

Tony has moved on from the G8 as well.

·
Submarine Simeon
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
haha, yeah...the old G8 is definitely faster than the vette...but not by much. I have already installed a Vararam intake on the vette and tuned it. With some long tube headers, i should be in the high 11's

In October i'm going to supercharge it...probably a magnacharger.

And i have no need for 2 more doors anymore. I'm going to be divorced here very soon and i've always wanted a corvette...so i went out and got one! :)

I do have a lot of parts for sale if anyone is interested. Black and red gxp steering wheel, front brembo kit, stock headlights, tinted stock tail lights, rear windshield lip spoiler, GT front clip. There is probably more than that in my garage, but i havent really gone through it all yet.

If you guys ever do another meet, i might stop in and crash the party ;) Someone will have to PM me and let me know tho, i wont hang out in these forums much anymore

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
If she must go this is a sweet ride to go to....................

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
Let me know about the rear windshield lip spoiler.

·
Registered
140 Posts
First off id like to say thank you. Your DIY was extremely helpful for my cam install! i really cant thank you enough. Best of luck to you!

·
Submarine Simeon
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I love hearing that, because that DIY took a LONG time to write up. If you guys ever have questions, i'm still more than willing to help out. Just shoot me a PM :)

·
Registered
140 Posts
haha i bet it did, it probably took me 20 min to read it the first time, i dont even want to think of the amount of time it took to type all of that!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Did you take off the XA's and the gauge pod?

·
Submarine Simeon
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
nah, didnt have the stock shocks to put back on them, and i didnt have the stock dash trim either. Wish i did, because im sure both would sell fast :(

·
Registered
16 Posts
I saw you rcar

Ha, :) Interesting I think I called about your car, wanted to see if i could get those gauges and front bumper off it :) but he had sold it. Said he sold it for 30,000 guys name was buzz was that right? very nice car.

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Good luck with the vette . My father raised me on vettes. He's gotta z06. I'm trying to convince him on a gxp as a second car LOL.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
You wanker! Abandoning ship just before the rebirth! And for a 'vette! I figured you'd wait for the SS and start modding all over again, I mean it's supposed to come with the LS3 standard! Enjoy the new play toy, I'll let you know next time I'm headed over to that side so you can show off!:wink2:

John

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Bob congrats on the Vette.. she is a beaut!

I sent you a PM about a couple things you may want to sell.
Thanks!

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
To each his own, like the color and the wheels and the fact its a C6, not a fan of convertibles or automatics though.

Personally I think they should simply stop making auto vettes altogether until they put a dual clutch type SMG tranny in it.

Good luck, a supercharged convertible vette sure would be a blast!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts