1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMAG0003.jpg
493 torque (42 lbs gained)
468 whp (20 whp gained)
On STOCK AXLEBACK- My favorite unmod - This thing is such a sleeper.

Synergy charged me $578 dollars to do the install and updated my tune.
I was calculating to pay less than $400. But, whatever.

Who I really wanted to compliment was Mike @ Haddad. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. Mike has always been very helpful and he even sent Rick the Magnavolt G8 installation instructions including the electric schematics. Saved us SO SO SO MUCH time and errors. Mike is the man! Thank you!

Rick spent about 1 hour of dyno tuning. I thought he would have spent more time tuning but I'm guessing it was dialed in pretty good already and all he had to do was scale the new injectors. I honestly think there is more there.
I can feel the 40 lbs of torque gained. Runs pretty strong! Close to 500 lbs of torque is fun.

I felt like I should've cracked 500 rwhp though. I know I'm being a dyno queen but it's only because I haven't hit the track yet.

Overall I like how the car feels. Now it's time to hit the track with some Nor Cal folks:driving:!

·
Registered
97 Posts
well now, lol what size injectors did you upgrade too? Is this your dd? How does it feel to be at 500hp since some of us wont ever experience it(me). Are your rims bronze?, if so thats a clean setup with the white.let us know how the track goes

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I went with the LS9 52 lb injectors. They are apparently a dream to tune. My car was on and off the dyno in just about under an hour. 500 lbs of torque feels strong. Especially since it's my daily driver It is so mild mannered. Driving home it felt the same as usual. It was when I stepped on the gas that I noticed all that torque on the bottom of the rpms. It just puts a smile on my face all day long.

·
Registered
97 Posts
are you cammed aswell? I know it does put a smile on your face i get happy when i smash the gas and my car is stock so i know that you slobbing and biting your steering wheel lol. what are the cons if any to your setup?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No cam just yet. I may get a mild one in the future. Maybe the ZR1 or CTS V cam. As far as cons.. Nothing but pros on this type of setup. It depends on your taste though. I wanted to keep the car as quiet as possible since I have long tubes so I kept the stock axlebacks. With the blower I am probably depriving myself of about 15 more whp and 10 lbs of torque. No other cons except for when it comes time to smg the car in CA, I will have to swap out some exhaust parts and flash back my tune.

·
'Mod'erator
4,887 Posts
I'll be at Infineon on the 27th RJ. You should come out.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Ike. Let's do it. I have to warn you, this will be the first time I go. What time are you heading up?
I may need a driver mod to see what she can really do.:boink::embarrassed:

·
Premium Member
1,935 Posts
493 torque (42 lbs gained)
468 whp (20 whp gained)
Very nice numbers! I need to be careful around you... next thing I'll know my fuel system will need an upgrade!

Synergy charged me $578 dollars to do the install and updated my tune.
I was calculating to pay less than $400. But, whatever.
Labor at Synergy is a bit more expensive, but Rick does good work. You will also find that he does a very good job keeping-up on the tune.

I've stopped-in to get some extra work done (installed BMR sway bar end links) and he had a new tune to put on my car (updated transmission settings) and didn't charge me anything (I don't think he even charged me to install the end links).

Rick spent about 1 hour of dyno tuning. I thought he would have spent more time tuning but I'm guessing it was dialed in pretty good already and all he had to do was scale the new injectors.
Rick has tuned quite a few supercharged G8's, so it doesn't surprise me it didn't take much to get it dialed-in.

I honestly think there is more there.
I can feel the 40 lbs of torque gained. Runs pretty strong! Close to 500 lbs of torque is fun.

I felt like I should've cracked 500 rwhp though. I know I'm being a dyno queen
Rick is known for not pushing cars just to get numbers. Both in the tune and on the dyno. How are your tires feeling about the nearly 500lbs of torque?

Now it's time to hit the track with some Nor Cal folks:driving:
Sounds like it is about time!

Thanks Ike. Let's do it. I have to warn you, this will be the first time I go.
Just as a heads-up you will need a helmet (running faster than 14sec) and a SFI single layer jacket (due to the aftermarket supercharger). The last time I was at Infineon I didn't have a jacket, but they let me go because I had a long sleeve shirt on.

-Todd...

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the comments. I'm Excited to hit the track. Unfortunately, I don't have a helmet.

·
Premium Member
1,935 Posts
I'm Excited to hit the track. Unfortunately, I don't have a helmet.
A helmet (Snell SA2005 rated or newer) will be required... there is no way around that. You might be able to borrow one from someone, but with the way they run at Infineon it would be difficult to do it with anyone in the same class as you. I picked one up from Summit Racing for $150 (shipping was very fast).

-Todd...

·
'Mod'erator
4,887 Posts
I can get you a helmet from my friend in Vallejo at his bike shop for about 100 bucks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts