Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went downtown Cincinnati yesterday for the Calvacade of customs car show. Found fairly open floor, a nice spot in a garage between a giant concrete pillar and a somewhat nice (aka the owner appears to care for it) black BWM. Figure I'm safe from the riff raff....

Apparently not. Got home with a bruise on the bumper from a hit and run a**hat... No decency to leave a note. It was pretty scuffed up, but I cleaned up all the salt and crap from snow, and buffed/polished it. Came out pretty good, mostly all that's left is some cracking in the paint. There's little bit of high spot, but it's pretty hard to see.... Bummer, but i guess i'm going to have to live with it, unless anyone has any other suggestions on how to make it better (other than repaint).

I did call insurance -- it would be a collision claim since it's another car ($500 deductible, not worth it losing that). I did talk to the parking garage peeps, who were unable to find me or the incident on their camera. he said they have them on every floor, but they don't cover all their spaces. So, I'm outta luck. Garbage. Only had the car for a couple months!!

(the white part on the bumper corner is just a glare from the light. the cracks are the only apparent damage.)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
That happened to me when I first got the car (within months). They scrapped the paint off in gashes on the lower side of the rear bumper. I never got it fixed, until someone else hit it and didn't run requiring a bumper replacement.

I feel your pain.. :(

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
That sucks man. Sorry to hear.

Unfortunately if it's cracked, it's off to the body shop. A new front bumper without paint and labor is 900 bucks. Got into a minor accident a couple years ago and that was the price then.

Good luck getting her fixed!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Truly good news that escaped without any major injuries. However, one of my friends wasn’t as lucky as you and he had to hospitalized for over a week. He then had to engage a DUI attorney Los Angeles as he was never over the limit and it was the fault of another person.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts