Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else see this weeks ad?

Sears has the Eagle GT's for buy 3 get 1 free then you can stack with their other coupon codes

Buy 3 get 1 free = B3G1TIRE
10% off Friends and Family = SAVENOW
$40 off $350 or more = 40AUT350If you have a discover/chase freedom card you can buy through your card store and save an extra 5%
For tires for the 19's, it came out to be ~645 for all 4. Not bad as before coupons they were over $1000 and tire rack has them for $872.

I almost wish I didn't just buy Camaro rims (No 275's in stock).... Almost

·
Sarcasm Personified
3,900 Posts
No such thing as a good deal on Goodyear. Biggest POS tire company there is.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Meh, I like the eagle gt's. As for the rsa's id rather have square wheels then drive on them.

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
The goodyear eagle GT tires I have on my car during the summer months are far superior to the stock RS-A's. Not dissing other tires, but I'm kinda sick of spending $1200 for a set of tires. I think I will look into this deal, I don't have an unlimited budget.

Thanks for the heads up, OP.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If I didn't just buy Camaro 20's, I would probably buy them. My only other experience with Goodyear are duratrax and F1 supercars. I liked both of those tires, just not paying for them.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Goodyears come off the assembly line dry rotted

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
I like most Goodyear tires but the problem I have with them is they start to ride like crap when the get past half way worn.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
They are a lot better tires out there for the $ in my opinion.

·
Northeast G8 Owners Club
1,979 Posts
Lmao at all the Goodyear hate! I first bought my Eagle GT's at 50,000 or so miles. Far far superior to the stock RSA's. my car is a daily driver and I've road raced, Auto crossed and went to the drag strip on them. I drove them literally till they looked like slicks. I just changed them over the weekend with a new set of Eagle GT's from tire rack and im now at 103,000 miles. Honestly the GT's that looked like slicks drove 100 times better than the stock RSA's in the rain. Anyone that knows my car knows I DRIVE like crazy up and down I-95 everyday!

I would recommend these tires to anyone! Don't knock it till you try it and remember every tire company has entry level crap and higher end stuff. Ill bet my life on the GT's anyday which I pretty much do daily!

Ill post a pic of them after 50k+ miles of hard driving, racing and some physical abuse!

·
Registered
183 Posts
I like most Goodyear tires but the problem I have with them is they start to ride like crap when the get past half way worn.
That is true! The Eagle GT has very good wet traction for a cheap tire, and it maintains it as the tread wears. However, the tread life has been very short for me, 18-20K miles max. And like you say, one of the worst things about them is they get a lumpy ride as they wear.

I finally put Conti DWs on my G8 and the difference was night and day!

GTO_04

1 - 13 of 13 Posts