Pontiac G8 Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
For what it’s worth I went out and made a partial pass this evening to see if all else was functioning normal. All seems to be working as it should be. Still replacing the bcm because of concerns of the trunk courtesy light and visors still working with the F4 fuse removed. Must be something going on in there that shouldn’t be.

·
Premium Member
4,657 Posts
Has the body control module been replaced yet? If so, did it resolve the aforementioned issues?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I did have it replaced and programmed this past Saturday at the local Chevy dealer. It did not fix the issue. The light is still illuminated after the F4 fuse is pulled. Any ideas what else could cause this? Per the wiring diagram, that is the only other circuit partially tied to the light.

·
Premium Member
4,657 Posts
Other than inadvertently removing the wrong fuse (highly unlikely) or something being rewired along the way... have not even the slightest clue.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Can you run leads from your headlight to a multimeter in car and verify voltage drop when you are driving? Also, you can try checking voltage at the battery and see if there is a difference. If the issue is only present at the headlights or other specific components of the electrical system then we can start isolating the problem.

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
"SLDGHMR" I'm getting confused by 2 W/D 's One labeled as "Interior Lights Schematics (inadvertent lights)" an the other "Interior Lights Dimming Schematics (dimming control an led dimming)" I'm getting this feeling that the F11-15A fuse along with the F4-15A fuse are sorta crisscrossing various interior lamps to power them up. Since the trunk an mirror lamps only illuminate at a constant level (before extinguishing), they may be receiving power thru the F11 power source circuit from the BCM vs the F4 power source. With key fob in hand, have you verified that if you pop the trunk an lower one of the shades to turn on the mirror lamp, that they will remain illuminated for 20 minutes an then cancel (for battery rundown protection) ? That's the way it was designed to work. Or do those lights continue to illuminate long after that time frame ?

41 - 46 of 46 Posts