Pontiac G8 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 1297 Posts

·
Vendor
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Solo Performance is proud to offer the Mach XL Exhaust Kit for the G8 Automatic V8.

Mach XL Kit Details

Price: $779 shipped + Group Buy Discount​

• Mach XL muffler is 14", made of T304 Stainless Steel
  • Direct Bolt-On
  • The automatic has the AFM system, which switches between 4 cylinders and 8 cylinders
  • This kit is completely NO DRONE
  • The Mach XL has a deep and mean American muscle sound.
  • When you make a system that switches between a 4 cylinder and an 8 cylinder, it can be difficult to find the precise balance point between enough of the right sound and enough quietness to kill the drone. We at Solo Performance are happy to say that we found that sweet spot. One customer stated that it sounds like an "aangry lion" that never gets too out of hand.
  • We use 2.5" T409 stainless steel, mandrel bent piping
  • We use T304 stainless steel on the muffler and 3" tips
  • The tips are 3" dual, beveled, and staggered T304 stainless steel
  • Weight Savings- Stock is approx. 90 lbs. Our kit weights approx. 50 lbs.
Group Buy

We will be running a group buy on both this kit and the manual kit through November 30, 2009.

Discount

Each kit ordered will add 1% discount to the final price, up to 20%. Each kit ordered after 20 will receive the 20% discount. We will be selling a maximum of 30 kits, combined manual and automatic, at this group buy rate. Credit cards will be charged the full kit price, and then credited the appropriate discount at the end of the group buy. This ensures that we can ship the kits out before the group buy ends.

Contact Information

Steve Mariano
Email: [email protected]
Cell: (516) 655-9002
Home: (516) 414-1429

Video

Mach XL Dyno

Rev and Take-Off

In Cabin

Drive By

Pictures

Group Buy List

1. dengel (Mach XL) PAID
2. 2xR (Mach XL) PAID
3. GrandPrixRollsOut (Mach X) PAID
4. BackinaPontiac (Mach XL) PAID
5. gthappy (Mach XL) PAID
6. wolfcountry (Mach XL) PAID
7. tptboy (Mach XL) PAID
8. JAM (Mach XL) PAID
9. davidG8GT (Mach XL) PAID
10. JADAM (Mach XL) PAID
11. Lazurus Man (Mach XL) PAID
12. zepcom (Mach XL) PAID
13. Headlight (Mach XL) PAID
14. setinhi (Mach XL) PAID
15. jmh325 (Mach XL) PAID
16. minor601 (Mach XL) PAID
17. 0260n53 (Mach XL) PAID
18. khaneric (Mach XL) PAID
19. blackgt5 (Mach XL) PAID
20. swimman (Mach XL) PAID
21. drcg8gt (Mach XL) PAID
22. aekariotis (Mach XL) PAID
23. Max Power (Mach XL) PAID
24. Half Arrow (Mach XL) PAID
25. wavegt8 (Mach XL) PAID
26. doc322 (Mach XL) PAID
27. cars&gtrs (Mach XL) PAID
28. gray 8 (Mach XL) PAID
29. KN (Mach XL) PAID
30. irnwkrkez (Mach XL) PAID
31. lbstacks (Mach XL) PAID
32. the mongoose (Mach XL) PAID
33. ghodge (Mach XL) PAID
34. g8tcie (Mach XL) PAID
35. papi2u (Mach XL) PAID
36. RS (Mach XL) PAID
37. jasonvt (Mach XL) PAID
38. blueg8gt (Mach XL) PAID
39. volleyballer[G8] (Mach XL) PAID
40. realredrocket (Mach XL) PAID

Kits 41-50 @ $701.10 shipped (2-3 week delivery time because of high demand)

All sold at 10% off. Kits are now back to $779 shipped.

UPDATED INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS:

http://www.g8board.com/forums/showpost.php?p=414012&postcount=696

·
go wings!
552 Posts
Personally, I think you will sell tons of these. In my opinion, it's the best looking & sounding bolt-on system I've heard so far. If I didn't recently make some modifications to mine I'd be on this like stink on a monkey ;-)

·
Vendor
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How loud do you think this would be with LT's?
I would think about 15% louder, give or take a little. The muffler that has been engineered for this kit does one heck of a job killing unwanted noise and drone. Trust me when I tell you that many, many hours of research and development have gone into just that muffler alone.

Anything that will bolt directly on to the stock exhaust will do the same with ours. We use all of the stock hardware, making it really simple for even the most amateur car enthusiast to install. I would think that it would sound killer with headers, especially long tube!

·
Registered
162 Posts
FYI Mine is the Red G8 in the vids and photos.

I went to Solo many weeks ago now. I only went to them. I was soo pleased with my Solstice GXP exhaust done a couple of years ago I knew they could do one better with the G8. We started with taking off the current exhaust and playing with a whole bunch of things. What we came up with was truly SAVAGE.

They did a amazing job. I helped out when ever I could with a good chunk of the process.

The wife loves it. We plan on having kids soon and that was a big factor in the sound and drone issues. Needless to say she has no issues with the exhuast note.

If anyone has any question on a owners side I will be happy to answer them.

I was also there for the GXP testing and some of the install. I was at the Dyno for the final install of it. So I can answer some install questions from a DYI point of view.

FYI I had the GXP version on mine WITHOUT the DOD delete and can answer questions on that as well.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Looks like you guys will be giving the Corsa system a run for the money. Looks and sounds good!

·
Registered
54 Posts
From what it sounds like is is very quite at idle. I am hoping for something that if you baby it will not sound any different then stock.

·
Registered
99 Posts
What kind of numbers did you gain with this system on the dyno? I'm sure I'm going to have to pull the trigger and get this, but it sure would be more convincing to have the group buy until late December. More could put it on the Christmas list and be in on the group buy!

·
Vtac kicked in yo!!!
708 Posts
I'm gaining interest in this setup and I also agree with irnwkrkev about extending the group buy.

·
Vendor
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Hi! This post is to sincerely thank Nightwing111 and PWRDXLS3 for allowing us to use and test their cars during this roughly month and a half process to get these kits on line for you all. From all of us at Solo we want to acknowledge and thank you for your patience, understanding, support and confidence during the design, redesign, redesign... and test phase. Both Nightwing111 and R.N. have gone above and beyond to allow us enough time to make it right. We are all very proud of the final design. The exhaust note, responsiveness, and pure driving enjoyment of the Solo kits have put a big smile on all our faces. Thanks again guys it was a lot of fun!

·
Registered
594 Posts
I think we need more sound clips. Is it just me, my computer, my early childhood exposure to extremely loud noises - but this system sounds a tad more aggressive than stock but short of what you get with Corsa or others. Don't get me wrong, I'm interested in a new exhaust for my car (Solo being one of them) and am actually going to an exhaust shop in an hour to talk to the owner about going with straight pipe with them J bend (Helmholtz).

My current choices are:
-custom exhaust from local shop
-Corsa
-Solo

I'm not sure which way to go and would need more sound clips on the Solo. The price seems reasonable and if there is no drone, you may have a winner on your hands, if it produces the sound people are looking for.

Maybe Nightwing III can chime in as to his thoughts (in addition to what he has already posted in another thread) on how the Solo sounds in comparison to other brands.

Thanks.

·
Vendor
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
From what it sounds like is is very quite at idle. I am hoping for something that if you baby it will not sound any different then stock.
The system is very soothing at idle, and if you baby it, it remains very tame but with a little more of that American muscle sound to it.

·
Vendor
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What kind of numbers did you gain with this system on the dyno? I'm sure I'm going to have to pull the trigger and get this, but it sure would be more convincing to have the group buy until late December. More could put it on the Christmas list and be in on the group buy!
We saw a 20hp increase on the dyno.

The idea to run it into December is a good one...we will keep that in mind, but right now we would like to cut it off on the last day of November. I guess you'll have to buy your holidays gifts early. :)

·
Registered
162 Posts
Very mild when stopped at lights and such.

You really control the sound. All depends on your driving habits but its tame at idle.

·
CCG8 / FLG8
2,089 Posts
How do you think it would sound with Kooks 1 7/8" mid headers and high-flow cats?

So, with this system there is no drone, especially in the 1700-2000 RPM range?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Anytime Steve. It was an absolute blast. Like a Car Spa. Getting my hand dirty and just plain have a good time.

Maybe Nightwing III can chime in as to his thoughts (in addition to what he has already posted in another thread) on how the Solo sounds in comparison to other brands.

Thanks.
I have to be honest. I have only heard you tube clips of others. With that said. This seems to be on par with Corsa. In terms of sound. Definatly better then Magnaflow.

Heard Borla on a STR8 and this is definatly on par with sound as well.

Price verse product. You really can't ask for more.

I had a Corvette guy at the dyno saying "What the Hell is in that thing?" No kidding. I'm not one to brag at all you can ask anyone. But I have to say it brought a smile on my face when the Corvette guy jumped when I turned on the car.

We saw a 20hp increase on the dyno.
True Story. I got the Dyno sheet but no scanner. Maybe I can get my work to scan it for me tomorrow. Definatly kick ass numbers. I got what I was looking for in numbers.

Remember with this setup a lot has been taken out and there is a X section in the muffler.

·
Vendor
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
How do you think it would sound with Kooks 1 7/8" mid headers and high-flow cats?

So, with this system there is no drone, especially in the 1700-2000 RPM range?
It would probably sound bada**. Kooks makes some great products, and are very well known for their headers.

There is no drone at any RPM range. Nightwing will attest to that.

·
Vendor
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Can we get an in-car video at the rpm's listed above?

Interested BTW, with 20 people, total price is $624!
We don't have the cars at our shop anymore, so one of those guys would have to post a video in that RPM range. I think one of our videos run through that RPM range, if I am not mistaken.

·
Premium Member
1,920 Posts
but this system sounds a tad more aggressive than stock but short of what you get with Corsa or others.
sounds like the GXP exhaust ;)

1 - 20 of 1297 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.