Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a spare set of the GT 18in 5-spokes for really cheap, but of course for the price I got they didn't come with center caps or TMPS.

I'm wondering if anyone knows what, if any, other center caps will snap in aside from our extremely overpriced originals.

I tried the G6 center caps from a guy that had a spare one at work, but they're a little small and don't snap in.

attached a stock photo of the rims I'm talking about for reference

Thanks!!

Attachments

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think you might be able to get the caps for cheap on eBay. Here are the part numbers:

92155956 or 92203234
I appreciate the part numbers, but I'm trying to find a cheaper alternative that fits.

:eek:

lol on ebay, there's a single used 1 up for like $35, or ONE new one for $115. Even from Pace, a single cap is $37.40 before shipping.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I appreciate the part numbers, but I'm trying to find a cheaper alternative that fits.

:eek:

lol on ebay, there's a single used 1 up for like $35, or ONE new one for $115. Even from Pace, a single cap is $37.40 before shipping.
You could get these (they also come in gray)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/4x-universa...194&pid=100012&prg=1014&rk=1&sd=140902780462&

They are blank and you can put whatever sticker you want on them. The Pontiac/Holden center caps are larger than the standard Chevy/FWD Pontiacs/ and Buick center caps.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
You could get these (they also come in gray)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/4x-universa...194&pid=100012&prg=1014&rk=1&sd=140902780462&

They are blank and you can put whatever sticker you want on them. The Pontiac/Holden center caps are larger than the standard Chevy/FWD Pontiacs/ and Buick center caps.
Gregc --> if you're still following this thread at all, is that the right size I need in the link you posted? ...or did you just post any universal center cap for me as an example?

I didn't know these existed, and now I'm seeing they're available in all sorts of colors and sizes. I don't know if I'm measuring my wheels to be that exact and I don't have an OEM cap to measure either.

:hail:
Thanks again for the lead!! This is a much cheaper example, and honestly, just solid black will look great with the solid black plastic lug nut covers anyway

·
Registered
6 Posts
Gregc --> if you're still following this thread at all, is that the right size I need in the link you posted? ...or did you just post any universal center cap for me as an example?

I didn't know these existed, and now I'm seeing they're available in all sorts of colors and sizes. I don't know if I'm measuring my wheels to be that exact and I don't have an OEM cap to measure either.

:hail:
Thanks again for the lead!! This is a much cheaper example, and honestly, just solid black will look great with the solid black plastic lug nut covers anyway
I bought the grey ones thinking it would fit the Camaro SS wheels. They are too big for the Camaro rims. The Camaro caps measure 49 MM from the inside tab to tab. This measurement is the outer part of the tab where it catches on to the inside of the wheel. The universal cap measure 57 mm tab to tab. My Holden branded Caprices SS caps measure 55mm tab to tab which I bought after the fact are the same size as the the Pontiac G8 caps for the wheels you have (18" 5 spoke). I'll assume these will fit your rims even if you have to sand down the tabs to make them fit. The cap is somewhat flexible, unlike the hard plastic that that the Holden cap is made out of. My Holden cap for the Middle East Caprice SS will fit the G8 rim.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.