Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep, I have been sitting on a complete brake system that was taken off a G8 GT by SLP to make the Firehawk. I had the complete system powder coated silver and this past weekend I finally got around to assembling the calipers. The install is scheduled for Friday. After 69,000 miles I am ready to replace the original brakes. And now they will get to sit under my new wheels for an awesome look. More pictures will follow on Friday.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
The assembly took only 3 hours. I discovered sand mixed with grease in the pin mount holes from the sand blasting prior to powder coating. I used a 3/8" drill bit to help remove the sand by hand spinning it in the hole. I also had to purchase a large C-Clamp to help seat the pistons into the calipers so I could install the pads. All in all the job went well. They get installed in the morning.

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
Awesome Bob, good to see you back here with this update. You've been mia for a little while, we wondered if you had sold the g8 or not. :)

Can't wait to see your pics with the new rims too.

--zep

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awesome Bob, good to see you back here with this update. You've been mia for a little while, we wondered if you had sold the g8 or not. :)

Can't wait to see your pics with the new rims too.

--zep
Sell the G8 no way. Yesterday my GM dealership called to purchase it. I just took it in for an oil change/BG MOA & CF5 Kit install. Someone at the dealership must like it. Here are the wheels. More tomorrow!!

·
Registered
864 Posts
looks good welcome back stranger...

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
looks good welcome back stranger...
Thanks, I haven't done anything note worthy to the G8 until now. I really do like the look on the new Drag 37 wheels and Michelin Pilots. I am looking forward to my 3 day weekend starting with the installation of these brakes that I have been sitting on for what seems like forever.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yesterday I had the new GT Silver Powder Coated Brake System installed on my V6. The improvement with larger sized rotors with a bright finish is fantastic. I paid $285 for the complete brake package from SLP, $385 to have them installed. So for a complete new upgraded brake system at 69,000 miles, price was pretty good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.