Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Autotrader has an 09 G8 Base V6 listed for $9999 blue (I think its Pacific Slate) with black leather interior with sunroof, mileage 150K. Ad says it has a carproof??? and is in showroom condition. Has been in trader for weeks now, I'd send a link but I don't know how. This could be a deal for someone wanting to get a G8 in Toronto or southern Ontario or a real deal for people in western New York state with exchange your in the $8's.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Autotrader has an 09 G8 Base V6 listed for $9999 blue (I think its Pacific Slate) with black leather interior with sunroof, mileage 150K. Ad says it has a carproof??? and is in showroom condition. Has been in trader for weeks now, I'd send a link but I don't know how. This could be a deal for someone wanting to get a G8 in Toronto or southern Ontario or a real deal for people in western New York state with exchange your in the $8's.
I have this on a few posts below looks like they have reduced the price twice.http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/city-of-toronto/2009-pontiac-g8-gt-blaupunkt-sound-system/1036675215?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe it started out in the low $13's if it's clean and accident free may be a great deal. It's been there since late Oct early Nov. Mines optioned the same, same mileage except I have Hot White, I paid more.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
I bought my V6 in 2012 it had 60,000 km's but I paid quite a bit for mine.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Km's have never scared me, cross your fingers and hope the previous owner maintained the car and at least did regular oil changes. Mine had 147k when I got it but I was lucky enough to have access to the GM service records from new so I knew what had been done to it.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
If it goes to 8000.00 dollars I guess I might buy it.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
150k on a base V6 ??? I'd leave that one alone...
Its 93,000 miles kilometers converted to miles.If it is looked after it should not be an issue.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
This V6 also comes from a part of town (my part of town) where many sketchy dealers purchase questionable cars for a song at auction. They were rejected by other dealers for a reason, whether it was cost of reconditioning due to mechanical problems/wear and tear, accident history, or high km's. Sometimes you get lucky and find a gem, but most of the time you need to be VERY careful.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That is an excellent point JerryV, I had not looked at the location of this seller on the map. There are a lot of not so reputable lots Weston to Keele and Laurence right up north of 7. Hopefully its a gem, but your going to have to do your homework.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Debatable. As I said before I had All records from GM for my car. Sometimes it's luck of the draw. GT's have there warts with the lifters but the mods you can do make up for that.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Looks like someone bought this wonder how much it actually went for.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
107k kilometers

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
107k kilometers
I thought you had more. That is really not a lot was it a private sale or a trade in. Did you have any issues with your car. For my base that will take at least 15 months before I get that kilometers.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Maybe they'll show up here one day and we'll find out the dirt. Here's more grist for the mill, 09 Base V6 for sale at some dealer in Orillia 230KM for $7K. I think Transporter's advice may be the best for this, but if the chains were done and has been maintained, may be good for another 230KM. Back to my luck of the draw agreement.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
About this Discussion
21 Replies
7 Participants
norton13
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing