Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a quick run against an M6 LS2 GTO, but I'm not sure it adds up.. I didn't get a chance to talk to him, but it appeared stock with a few appearance mods.

Anyway, we went from a dig to 70-75 and i had about a car and a half on him. I'm reading stock they run high 12s/low 13s.

I ran 13.3 @ 106 last year with a Rotofab, cortex, and an X-pipe. Since then, I've added a full exhaust and tuned it with HPT, but on the stock timing. I've only had time to adjust fueling so far. Does this sound right? I figured we'd at least be neck and neck if not with him slightly ahead.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
147 Posts
Sounds about right to me. Good kill!

·
Registered
460 Posts
Should have been closer then that but you never know what he was doing while driving.

·
IdontRe Member
631 Posts
Bout right, good kill.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've mentioned it to a few people and I'm getting the typical "driver mod" or "hurt engine" responses.. With it having 400hp, a manual, and being lighter, I didn't really expect to come out ahead. Guess I need to get back to the track.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Sounds like you can put a hash mark in the win column

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
My impression is that stock vs stock vs stock, with equal drivers, the LS2 GTO splits the difference between a G8 GT and GXP. So your outcome sounds pretty right.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts